Post relaxer protein treatment, can henna be used instead??

Lava27

I relaxed 2 days ago and I usually follow up with a protein treatment the week after. I've been a fan of using Joico Kpak after, it makes my hair nice and strong. I've been interested in trying henna for awhile now, so I was wondering can henna be used as a post-relaxer protein instead? Or will it not really work for this purpose. Should I just henna on a separate occasion after I have already done my protein treatment? Calling the relaxed henna gals!

Aggie

I relaxed 2 days ago and I usually follow up with a protein treatment the week after. I've been a fan of using Joico Kpak after, it makes my hair nice and strong. I've been interested in trying henna for awhile now, so I was wondering can henna be used as a post-relaxer protein instead? Or will it not really work for this purpose. Should I just henna on a separate occasion after I have already done my protein treatment? Calling the relaxed henna gals!

My recommendation is to henna your hair after your protein treatment as henna is not a protein treatmetn per se. It's best you use some type of reconstructor like aphogee 2 minute keratin to repair the bonds broken by the relaxer.