Henna and Aphogee???

starfish79

Hey ladies,

Does anyone here do both henna and Aphogee treatments on their hair? I did three henna applications at the end of last year but my hair just wasn't getting enough out of it. So, I did an Aphogee treatment a few weeks after the last one, my hair just loves protein. So, now I want to bring henna back into my routine because I love the color! Do you think that would be too much for my hair?? I don't want to end up with dry snap-crackle-poppin hair from a protein overload. What do you guys think??

TIA

I do.

Well, I prefer another protein treatment, but I do alternate my hardcore protein with my henna.

My hair loves protein, as well.

As a matter of fact, I thought that I did not need protein since I was doing henna and after 4 of 5 weeks of weekly henna and absolutely NO protein, my hair started breaking. One good protein treatment and my hair felt normal again.

For me, henna alone is not enough, but I cannot get the same thickness and suppleness from protein alone. I think they complement each other well.

I totally agree with Honeydew. I must do my protein treatments on a regular basis, even while doing hennas. I do my aphogee treatments every 6 weeks like clockwork. Henna treatments fall in between. I've never had a problem having both in my regimen.;)

HoneyDew said:
I do.

As a matter of fact, I thought that I did not need protein since I was doing henna and after 4 of 5 weeks of weekly henna and absolutely NO protein, my hair started breaking. One good protein treatment and my hair felt normal again.

For me, henna alone is not enough, but I cannot get the same thickness and suppleness from protein alone. I think they complement each other well.

ITA with the first part! I was worried that the two would be too much on my hair so I stopped the Aphogee and my hair was NOT happy. I guess I've sort of been under the impression that I could only do one or the other. It's nice to know that there are others out there that do heavy proteins and henna successfully!! THANKS!! :D

I have two choices with protein; frequent light protein or occasionally heavy protein. Henna doesn't have protein in it (that I'm aware of) so it doesn't replace it.

Back