"So you're just going to leave with wet hair?"...

RainbowCurls

... the hairdresser said. When I said I didn't want any blow drying, cutting or styling.

I was phoning up hairdressers to get quotes on bleaching.

Don't you just hate hairdressers/stylists who think they know everything but don't? You just know she's the type who'll be trying to do all sorts with your hair you didn't ask her to do.
She quoted me too much anyway (£25-30).

The search continues...

I could just go back to the place I went last time, they were friendly enough but did make my hair orange. Only £15 (and train fare) though...

I might have to go the DIY route :perplexed
Those of you who do your own relaxer/colour touch ups, how do you manage to do it? Any special techniques? How do you avoid overlapping? How do you do the back sections?
I remember from my relaxing days I overlapped all the time, got relaxer all over my hair. Fried it right off.

Visited some hairdressers today... got the following answers:

1) £60 ($120) (ok, I get it, you don't want to do my hair! When I said it was too much, she suggested I tried Francescos, a training academy.)

2) (Francesco) "er... is your hair very... afro carribean?.... We don't have the products for it here, try our other salon". (What, you don't have bleach, shampoo, conditioner and a comb :rolleyes: )

3) (other Francesco) £35-40. She asked when I'd like to make an appointment before she told me the price...

4) £25-30.

5) £45

I can't be bothered with this any more.
So.... next time go home I'm going to check out the hairdressers/barbers (classy :lol: ) I went to last time or I'll attempt it myself with my mum's help. Wish me luck!

aww.. that sucks! do they have JCPenney or Regis salons over there? they did a great job on my friend's (blonde) highlights.

Dang Rainbow, I feel your pain! I grew up in B'ham and I guess based on your experience, things in the hair salon world haven't changed much over the past decade... Good luck on your quest!;)

How much are you looking to spend? Those prices seem fairly normal from what I've seen. The real issue is if you call back and say you have very fine, extremely straight hair whether they will charge the same price.

caribeandiva, I think I have seen Regis around... I'll do some research...

blac_quarian, these hairdressers are in Stafford (where I'm at uni), it is a predominantly white town...
I could try a black hairdresser's next time I'm in Birmingham but I'm scared they'll try and convince me to relax my hair :perplexed

seeminglysweet, I suppose they are normal prices. I am a cheapskate student though. I only wanted to spend £20 ($40), I thought I'd be able to get it that cheap if I tried an old school salon where the old ladies go, or the training academy... obviously not.
I am suspicious myself that it might be cheaper for a straight fine haired person. I think many have misconceptions that it'll be hard to deal with my hair. I don't want them to do anything with it, just apply the bleach and wash it out. I'd even semi-straighten it for them before going so they can get a comb through it.... sigh...

Now would be a good time to go back to black... I'm not ready for that yet though ;)

Yea we got regis...i think its on corporation street, and there is one in House of fraser (i think). Why don't you try thehair express in one stop? they did my friend's touch up and cut really nice, and for a good price! and she usually goes hair connextions (or you could try there...they are good with colours)

Back