Don't you hate hairdressers on autopilot?

vevster

Don\'t you hate hairdressers on autopilot?

I hate hairdressers that just DO what they do without taking your particular hair type/texture into account. I'm working with my current Domincan hairdresser. She didn't seem to understand why my fine hair couldn't deal with a liberal coating of wild growth hair oil prior to my set! Then she would have the nerve to spray sheen spray after!!

Last time I went and I basically directed the show w/ my own products. Sheesh!

Re: Don\'t you hate hairdressers on autopilot?

Yip. I had a hairdresser who would trim my hair when I didn't even ask her to. Her trims were extremely lite so I never complained, but now that I think back on it, she was still wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
...hairdressers on autopilot

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I basically directed the show w/ my own products.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

Sorry
look.gif
... I know it's not funny, but you, on the other hand, very much are.
grin.gif

Anyway, I'm glad you knew what was right for you...and that she wasn't too stubborn to follow your guidance. Hope the end results were exactly as you'd hoped.

A lot of them seem to have a "one size fits all" approach to hair care.
nono.gif

Not just that Sassy, I think alot are just doing it for money. They are mindless just doing it to DO it.

I have no problems directing her cause she does a nice set. I am paying so she BETTER do what I want!

Its sooo true...everyone has different hair, thus different needs. I dont like a lot of oil sheen or moisturizers in my hair b/c it get wieghs down easily. Some of the women need that because their hair is thicker and can use all the sheen they want. There is no one formula for everyone. That is a downside to Dominicans, I realize that they do everyones hair the same way.

I hate this, I have gone to some of these in the past that don't realize that my hair soaks up oil really fast so I need an extra dose of moisture on my hair, and they always try to tell me my hair is dry and damaged, no I don't think so, you just don't know how to deal with it!

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!... we all dont need a pound of grease or sheen for our hair... I only moisturize like once or twice a week and I am fine

Vevester,
I agree with you! I realized this about Dominican hair salons along time ago.
I ALWAYS RUN THE SHOW!!!
I bring my own products every visit. If I have to instruct the stylist, I do! If you don't speak up, the stylist will do what she wants to do, and the results might not meet your expectations. I find that Dominican salons are cheap with their products, as far as the amount of product they use on your hair, but quite generous when it comes to using your products on your hair. When the stylist is doing my rollerset, she sprays on the leave-in and reaches for my Nexxus Headress. I tell her to open her hand and I'll squeeze the required amount in to her hand! I don't like overly aggressive stylists!

Hairdressers on Autopilot! Yes--I once had a stylist who gave me a retouch and as she started to style my hair, she started trimming it. I said "Lori, you just trimmed it 3 weeks ago." Her response: "Oh, I always do that, it's like all the maintenance that you get with an oil change!"

Well, I maintenanced myself right on to another stylist
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Vevester,
I ALWAYS RUN THE SHOW!!!
I bring my own products every visit. If I have to instruct the stylist, I do! If you don't speak up, the stylist will do what she wants to do, and the results might not be meet your expectations. I find that Dominican salons are cheap with their products, as far as the amount of product they use on your hair, but quite generous when it comes to using your products on your hair. When the stylist is doing my rollerset, she sprays on the leave-in and reaches for my Nexxus Headress. I tell her to open her hand and I'll squeeze the required amount in to her hand! I don't like overly aggressive stylists!

[/ QUOTE ]
clap.gif
clap.gif
..THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT..YOU TELL THEM GIRL!!!
I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE DOMINICAN SALONS YES THE PRICES ARE CHEAP..BUT ANYONE WHO IS TALKING ABOUT ME IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE..MIGHT JUST GET HURT..ESP WHEN IT COMES TO MY HAIR..I JUST CANT DEAL WITH THAT PART...I ALSO HAVE LIL TOLERANCE SO ALTHOUGH I DO UNDERSTAND FRAGMENTS OF SPANISH I DONT FEEL LIKE TEACHING THEM ENGLISH WHEN I WANT TO GET MY HAIR DONE..QUICK AND EASY...I HAVE ON SEVERAL OCCASSIONS ACCOMPANIED MY GOOD FRIEND TO HER DOMINICAN SALON..AND WAS LIKE OMG..DONT GET ME WRONG THE SERVICE WAS OK..PRICES WERE CHEAP BUT..BUT JUST THE FACT THAT IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG THEY WOULD START MOUTHING OFF IN SPANISH AND THE AMOUNT OF PRODUCTS THEY SPARINGLY USED ON YOUR HAIR...I AM GOOD WITH MY AUNTS SALON WHERE IT MAY GET A LIL HECTIC BUT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDDS ENGLISH...THEY CAN DO HAIR LIKE NO OTHER AND THEY HAVE NO PROB OBLIGING TO MY HAIR NEEDS...TO EACH IS OWN I GUESS...

[ QUOTE ]
Vevester,
I ALWAYS RUN THE SHOW!!!
I bring my own products every visit. If I have to instruct the stylist, I do! If you don't speak up, the stylist will do what she wants to do, and the results might not be meet your expectations. I find that Dominican salons are cheap with their products, as far as the amount of product they use on your hair, but quite generous when it comes to using your products on your hair. When the stylist is doing my rollerset, she sprays on the leave-in and reaches for my Nexxus Headress. I tell her to open her hand and I'll squeeze the required amount in to her hand! I don't like overly aggressive stylists!

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are hilarious!
rofl.gif
You're just a step away from styling yourselves. Maybe this time next year you'll be salon free and loving it?

I agree with lady bug, everyone here seems like a fan of dominican salons, but I am not. Their methods leave my hair dried out, weak and limp. I beleive alot of time the products are watered down and then used sparingly and don't get me started on the tiny comb that pull out waaaaaay too much of my hair per rollerset. Don't get me wrong I can get length there but for ME it will be long dry thin flat hair. I blame myself though for being shy, I would let them blow out with each rollerset. I guess it is based on your individual hair type. Now there is one near my parents place and I let them know from jump that there will be no blow dry and I bring my own products and combs. And I just oil it at home. So that works if I need my hair to look more styled than I can currently manage.

I wouldn't even how to describe but somethimes I think some people's hair is like more firmly secured in their head or something. Because I know plenty of people who frequent these salons and they don't have the same problems as me.

Lady bug, I have a friend that goes faithfully to your aunt's salon over the past year and 1/2 and there was nothing wrong per se with her hair before, just a little dry etc. But now her hair is so thick and moisturized.

yeah it makes me think of the time i called crown and glory (a while back) to make an appointment. i heard a lot of black celebs go there, so i was curious to see if it was really all the rage. as i was making the appointment, the stylist straight out told me that she would trim my ends if she felt they needed trimming. well, i guess you all know i never made it to that salon....
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I maintenanced myself right on to another tylist
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

"Don't you hate hairdressers on autopilot?"

Yes! I love that expression!
laugh.gif

Back