So Where Do You Purchase Henna From?

metamorfhosis

Hello Ladies-:)

• Where do you get your henna?(I am especially interested in those who use Cassia.)
  • How much do you pay for henna?
  • What size do you get and how long does it last?
  • How is the shipping? How long does it take for you to get your henna?
  • What is your overall experience with purchasing henna?

toninatl

Id like to know also. I know nothing about it but want to try it. I dont know where to buty or how to apply.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keluric

I can't sing the praises of http://www.indian-herbs-exporters.com enough! I absolutely love them! It takes longer to receive your order because it's coming from India but their prices are unbeatable and they sent me an e-mail to notify me when my order was shipped.

I paid $39.60 for 1000 grams of henna and 1000 grams of indigo.

I think it took a week or two to ship and about 10 days to deliver (I opted for 10-day shipping so it was right on schedule). If you can wait for the shipping, I highly recommend this company.

I'm well-stocked on henna and indigo for a GOOD while and I've been doing henna/indigo treatments within a few days of each other.

Their henna is from the Rajasthan region of India and is BAQ.

PinkAngel

metamorfhosis said:
Hello Ladies-:)

• Where do you get your henna?(I am especially interested in those who use Cassia.) www.henname.com
  • How much do you pay for henna? $5.99per 100g
  • What size do you get and how long does it last? I make a henna gloss, so I can get 2 uses out of 1 100g box
  • How is the shipping? How long does it take for you to get your henna? Shipping was great, I ordered on a Wed & rec'd it on a Sat (she's in Ohio, I'm in California.
  • What is your overall experience with purchasing henna? No complaints.

I am very satisfied, I received a great batch...Summer Crop 2006

tenderheaded

keluric said:
I can't sing the praises of http://www.indian-herbs-exporters.com enough! I absolutely love them! It takes longer to receive your order because it's coming from India but their prices are unbeatable and they sent me an e-mail to notify me when my order was shipped.

I think it took a week or two to ship and about 10 days to deliver (I opted for 10-day shipping so it was right on schedule). If you can wait for the shipping, I highly recommend this company.

I'm well-stocked on henna and indigo for a GOOD while and I've been doing henna/indigo treatments within a few days of each other.

This ia a rock bottom price - I pay this for henna locally! I have looked at several sites that sell bulk henna and you paid $80 less than others charge:eek:
When I start using indigo this is where I'll shop:)

PaperClip

What is the concern about purchasing henna (esp. online) from DISTRIBUTORS vs. SUPPLIERS? Which companies are ACTUAL HENNA SUPPLIERS?

blackbarbie

I ordered mine (cassia) from the same place as keluric purchased from www.indian-herbs-importers.com , however I wasn't fortunate to have that fast of a ship time. She is absolutely correct about the rock bottom price though!!

I ordered (4) packs of cassia (100g each) and my total with shipping, handling, etc. came up to $12.02. You can't beat that price at all, but it took 5 weeks to get to me! (it had to come directly from India)

adw425

I just ordered 300 grams of cassia before I saw this thread from Henna Sooq. I am looking forward to getting it and using it.

myco

keluric said:

They have henna listed under two categories. Did you select the one that says ''for hair conditioning" or the one that says "for body art"?

Thanks!

SohoHair

I buy my henna from local indian grocers. I play $1.29 for 100 g (1 box) of Dulhan Premium BAQ henna. Since I use yogurt, strongly brewed coffee, honey and oils in my mix, 100 grams is enough for about 3 applications on my collarbone length hair.

Mystic

The site where you purchase the henna from usually tells you how much g(s) for the length hair. For my hair length, 100g is 2 servings for me.

e$h said:
So how do you know how many grams you'll need?

seymone

I bought my henna initially from nature with love... I recently bought some east west bazaar and it was about 2 dollars a bag for about 200grams..

e$h

Mystic said:
The site where you purchase the henna from usually tells you how much g(s) for the length hair. For my hair length, 100g is 2 servings for me.

Thank you!