Henna and Relaxers

Edie

I have a couple of questions for you henna users.

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it?

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas?

3. Was your hair virgin when you used the henna or was it already relaxed?

4. How was the moisture content of your hair afterwards?

5. Can you use cassia powder the same way you use henna?

6. Did cassia give your hair the thickness that henna reportedly does?

7. can cassia powder be used with black indigo powder to achieve black hair coloring?

Hopefully you ladies can help.

Thanks!

JLove74

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it? Yes

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas? took well

3. Was your hair virgin when you used the henna or was it already relaxed? no already relaxed

4. How was the moisture content of your hair afterwards? because i used a no lye relaxer, which can be drying, i made sure to do a serious DC afterwards, and I never experienced any drying

5. Can you use cassia powder the same way you use henna? yes

6. Did cassia give your hair the thickness that henna reportedly does? yes

7. can cassia powder be used with black indigo powder to achieve black hair coloring? no, you need to do a henna application so the indigo will have something to adhere to. if you do just cassia, your hair wil be a tint of blue, since cassia is colorless

NessaNessa

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it? Yes

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas? took well

3. Was your hair virgin when you used the henna or was it already relaxed? no already relaxed

4. How was the moisture content of your hair afterwards? because i used a no lye relaxer, which can be drying, i made sure to do a serious DC afterwards, and I never experienced any drying

5. Can you use cassia powder the same way you use henna? yes

6. Did cassia give your hair the thickness that henna reportedly does? yes

7. can cassia powder be used with black indigo powder to achieve black hair coloring? no, you need to do a henna application so the indigo will have something to adhere to. if you do just cassia, your hair wil be a tint of blue, since cassia is colorless

I am contemplating my first henna treatment and your responses were right on time Jlove. Thanks chica!!

Cayenne0622

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it? No. I usually use henna 2 weeks after I relax. This is just my preference.

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas? There was a time when I was doing henna every couple of weeks. I felt like my hair got underprocessed because of the henna but I could be wrong. That's why I do #1 now.

3. Was your hair virgin when you used the henna or was it already relaxed? Already relaxed.

4. How was the moisture content of your hair afterwards? Henna makes my hair feel strong and silky. I do a mixture that includes oils, indigo, and moisturizing conditioner.

5. Can you use cassia powder the same way you use henna? Never tried it but I believe the answer is yes.

6. Did cassia give your hair the thickness that henna reportedly does? N/A

7. can cassia powder be used with black indigo powder to achieve black hair coloring? Don't know.

Thanks!

Hope my answers above help!

Neroli

Please see my responses below. I've been hennaing and relaxing my 4b hair for over a year now and my hair's never been in better shape. Just make sure you use BAQ and you'll be fine.

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it? Yes, 1 week before relaxing

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas?My touchup was great!

3. Was your hair virgin when you used the henna or was it already relaxed?Already relaxed

4. How was the moisture content of your hair afterwards?Can't really say I paid attention, but with henna, my hair never been stronger or more conditioned post touch up

5. Can you use cassia powder the same way you use henna?Never used cassia

6. Did cassia give your hair the thickness that henna reportedly does?N/A to me

7. can cassia powder be used with black indigo powder to achieve black hair coloring?N/A to me

Thanks!

ajoyfuljoy

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it? yup. there was about a 3-4 week space though.

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas? it took just fine. the henna really started my hair on a new path.

nope. it was already relaxed.
after the relaxer and the henna it was just fine.
I have no clue.
quoi?
7. can cassia powder be used with black indigo powder to achieve black hair coloring?
I'm still trying to find that out myself.

Thanks!

here are my answers

vandidix

Chiming in with a follow-up question: Is it better to henna before or after relaxing - or does it make a difference? I've never done it, but ordered mine and can't wait to try it!

1. Have you used henna on your hair and then relaxed it?

2. Did the relaxer take well or did you get under processed areas?

Thanks!