So sad. I feel like Im going to cry.

Sorry to hear about your set back. Keep your head up. Your hair will grow back and be healthier than ever.:bighug: :bighug:Do you know why it was under processed to begin with? Did you switch relaxers? How long was the relaxer left on the under processed hair?
Thanks ladies!:yep:

I didnt know I was underprocessed until the ladies on her made me realize it. I had atleast 14 in of "natural" hair. When I would relax my hair I would only leave the cream of for 12 mins. I was trying not to overpress:rolleyes:. I thougth my hair was getting thicker and on top of that I would stretch my relaxers for 4+ months. When I relaxed my hair last week I left the cream on the underprocessed hair for less than 10 mins:ohwell: I did switch from Elasta qp to Mizani relaxer but I dont think that was the problem.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! **BIG HUG** It will be back in no time. I am SO SERIOUSLY afraid of correctives.:nono:

:sneakyhug::hug2:Just popping in to give some love and support.

:pray::flowers:

I believe your hair will be like :rosebud: in no time.

Do what I do, work what you got like it's all that you want.

So sorry to hear about your setback Qualitee:bighug:. Don't let it get you down honey. Brush yourself off, get up and give it your all, all over again and you will achieve your goal of BSB in no time.

You are temporarily down but not utterly destroyed. Treat this ordeal as a stepping stone to greater success on your journey to healthy, long, thick hair.

Stay positive and your hair will follow. You still have a lovely head of hair that many people envy I'm sure so don't feel so bad baby, you'll be alright. We've got your back!

Thanks ladies!:yep:

I didnt know I was underprocessed until the ladies on her made me realize it. I had atleast 14 in of "natural" hair. When I would relax my hair I would only leave the cream of for 12 mins. I was trying not to overpress:rolleyes:. I thougth my hair was getting thicker and on top of that I would stretch my relaxers for 4+ months. When I relaxed my hair last week I left the cream on the underprocessed hair for less than 10 mins:ohwell: I did switch from Elasta qp to Mizani relaxer but I dont think that was the problem.

Okay, I see. Sorry again for the set back. You will bounce back from it. Everything that we go through makes us stronger and we learn from it.

I am so very sorry to hear about your setback. You will bounce back in no time Believe me...we have all been there.

I'm sorry to hear that. On the brighter side, any time I've gotten rid of damaged hair, it seems like my hair grows faster to replace that hair. So keep your head up; you will be surprised at your growth when you relax again. :)

Sorry to hear about your setback, but you hair will grow back and you already have the knowledge to get it back to your desired length.

Im sorry to hear that...
I forced myself to sometimes go natural for a full yr or stretch for months at a time!
This usually makes me feel betta. Maybe it will work for you....
Thin k of it this way, the situation could be a ALOT worse....you could have so much damaged hair that you would have to cut it all off to a pixie cut!

I feel for you girl! I've experienced this same cycle over the past year with relaxers and stylists pretty much keeping me stuck between APL/BSL (my avatar pic, which is why I haven't updated it).

I kinda fell off making longer length my mission so I didn't necessarily consider or call attention to them being setbacks. But I made a vow to myself over the past few weeks to get back on the track to what gave me this length to keep it, and get more length. I was on the verge of falling dangerously off my HHC practices. So I've started perusing the hair boards again and regaining knowledge and encouragement.

I advise you to stretch, baby, and leave your hair alone the majority of the time. The upside to my setbacks is the front/top of my hair caught up with the back length so it's much more of an even look, which I like. I plan to stretch throughout the summer, washing and DC'ing weekly and bunning or wetsetting in between. I'm 9 or 10 weeks post now with an inch of new growth. I'm drinking protein shakes daily and I'm back on vitamins, drinking plenty of water, and applying BT to my scalp a few times a week. I'm determined to be MBL by my b-day in Oct.

Be encouraged! It'll grow back better than ever.

You're going to be just fine. Just give it some time. I lost ALL of my hair about 2 years ago. I thought i'd never see a sprout on that bald head of mine. for 9 months, there was nothing flowing on my head but the wind. (9 months is an agonizingly long time to be bald)..:perplexed

You have plenty to start with...and a whole lot of knowledge on hair growth. PLUS, you have a great big gaggle of members who are so willing to support you..

so, cheer up! every day is just bringing you one step closer to BSB again. As we say in the country: "You'll be aw right"..:yep:

Back