So I purchased the hair dye, but I have a few questions...

Saga

The Generous Queen
A few months ago I posted a thread asking what to do if I wanted to get my natural hair a deep purple or burgundy color. I've finally decided to just purchase it and see what happens.

I bought some Adore in Raspberry Twist. My desire was not to get a bright burgundy but more of a subtle one, since my hair is dark brown/near black. I wanted to know:
-Does Adore dry out your hair?
-Is it necessary to DC after using?
-Does it lighten your hair at all?
-How long does it take the color to fade?
-Will it ever fade completely?

Thanks so much for any advice given. I know that Adore is a popular semi-permanent hair coloring brand so as soon as I saw it I snatched it up immediately. I've never dyed my hair before so this will be an experience. :grin:

LongLeggedLife

I used to love to use Adore, but I was using it over pre-lightened(bleached) hair. No, semi-permanent colors do not lighten hair, they only deposit color onto your existing color.
I doubt that you will be able to tell any real difference on dark hair, but it may give you a very slight hint of red in bright outdoor lighting...similar to henna. (like using a red crayon on a black piece of paper??)

As for the other questions, I used to like Adore brand because my hair felt softer after use. I would not do a Dc directly after application, because you will be rinsing more of your color out.
The color will probably not be noticeable AT ALL after a couple of washes on dark hair(you will see it rinse out with each wash)....but it can 'stain' lighter hair, which makes it harder to totally wash out.

All in all, it will be necessary to lighten your hair, then color it, to get noticeable results.

It does look like your hair on your avi is lighter than the hair on your siggy though...if your hair is actually a medium brown, you may see better results.

Do a strand test....take the shed hair from your brush/detangling session and put the adore on it to see how it will come out.

HTH

ETA: semi-perm colors have a tendency to rub off onto your collars, pillowcases, manicures, and whatever else your hair stays in contact with

Last edited:

Saga

The Generous Queen
LongLeggedLife Yea, I don't really want to have a bright look just a very subtle purple-redish. Did Adore dry out your hair since u didn't DC afterward?

And yea, the hair in my siggy was extensions. The color is darker than my real hair. I don't really like my color, I either wanted to get a burgundy ish or just straight black so if this one isn't too my liking I will do black next.