Semi Permanent Hair Colour

lonei

I dont dye my hair very often, maybe 1/2 times a year now, I want to do a blue black rinse, does anyone know of a good semi permanent hair colour that is kind to the hair and 'takes' well? I normally use Adore

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I've used Wella Color Charm (Violet) for the last couple of years with no damage to my hair whatsoever yet it is deep enough to cover my grey strands.

atlantatiffany

i normally use sebastian colourshine in black orchid, but i think i may try wella color charm. i heard it is good too. nothing is wrong with sebastian. i love it and gives great shine, but it's $25(not real expensive but i use 2) and it's very hard to find, at least in atlanta. u have to be a stylist in most cases to buy it.

browncrownQt

Can you safely apply a semi permanent color over a permanent one?

I recently (almost 2 weeks ago) applied Textures & Tones (light golden brown) over my virgin jet black hair. I hate it!!, and now regret putting it in . I would like to know if I can go back to black with a Jazzing or another semi-permanent color.

alliyah4eva203

goldwell is a brilliant brand. there blue/black rinse looks brilliant and it cinditions as well. it lasts for about 8 washes.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
browncrownQt said:
Can you safely apply a semi permanent color over a permanent one?

I recently (almost 2 weeks ago) applied Textures & Tones (light golden brown) over my virgin jet black hair. I hate it!!, and now regret putting it in . I would like to know if I can go back to black with a Jazzing or another semi-permanent color.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have permie color (Textures & Tones), and I've applied Sebastian Colourshines over it (with no problem at all).

luvSLave

I love Sebastian's Black Orchid. The color is rich and it gives great shine. It's only good for about 8 washes though so if you're a frequent washer the cost may be a factor as someone else mentioned. My only problem with it is that because it's blue-black, it sometimes leaves a greenish cast as it washes out. That may depend on your original color though.

lovechic

I USE WELLA ALSO. I GET MINE FROM SALLY'S! IT'S SAFE AND IT LAST A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!
I USE BLACK, THEY HAVE ABOUT 15 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM!!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I use Natural Instincts on my relaxed hair. Just make sure you wait a couple of days post relaxer before coloring your hair. </font>

amazin9

luvslave, in order to eliminate the green cast as the color washes out, you should mix a red semipermanent color with the blue-black. If your natural color is dark to medium brown, blue-black presents a greenish cast once it starts to fade. That is how my beautician corrected the problem. The reason is that brown hair has yellow undertone, and yellow and blue make green.
I now use black cherry jazzing, but it didn't come out as dark as I would have like, so I am going to try Sebastians black cherry.

UmSumayyah

amazin9, I want to try the black orchid Sebastians. I have off-black hair and I like to take it to jet-black. I shouldn't have a problem with a green tone, right?

luvSLave

Why, that's brilliant...you really are amazin!

Any suggestions for a red? I don't want anything to take away from the richness of the black. Jazzing is out - makes my hair feel like straw.

amazin9

You will not have a problem with the black orchid because your hair is naturally off-black. It will give you a rich dark black with dark purple hint.

amazin9

Since you use Sebastians Black Orchid, you may want to try and mix Sebatians Black Cherry with it. I am not to knowledgeable on mixing different coloring brands. But I know the red trick works, it eliminated green hair for me!!!