So I got a weave

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
So I got a weave *pics*

I'm trying this weave thing for protective styling....I wonder how long I can actually keep this on:ohwell:

What can I use to keep my cornrows moisturized under this weave?

Last edited:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
this is when I was just done with it lastnight.....I still gotta curl it

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Re: So I got a weave *pics*

I'm trying this weave thing for protective styling....I wonder how long I can actually keep this on:ohwell:

124 views but I still haven't got a response for this question:look::yawn:

freshlikemoi

I use stasoffro in the brown bottle to moisturize my braids underneath. I also use wild growth oil to massage into my scalp. My hair has gotten so much more thicker with weave. That's why I definitely believe that moisturizing while in braids is beyond key. Cuz Ive seen some chix take out weaves and it was disastrous....

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I use stasoffro in the brown bottle to moisturize my braids underneath. I also use wild growth oil to massage into my scalp. My hair has gotten so much more thicker with weave. That's why I definitely believe that moisturizing while in braids is beyond key. Cuz Ive seen some chix take out weaves and it was disastrous....
that's what I want to avoid.

I had a weave in september but I only kept it in for 3 weeks. I haven't really worn weaves so I just wanna know what products I can use to keep my own hair healthy. I will look stasoffro. Also I want to be able keep my scalp clean....how do I limit build up? Even for washing....how do I get the conditioner build up out of my cornrows?

Bublin

brownshugahgirl -

Who is the guy in your avitar - ask him how it got that texture so long. What is his regime :grin:

To OP - sorry about that - your hair looks good. Can't wait to see how it looks with curls in.

londonjakki

Your weave looks nice:yep:...I wonder if she has any advice on

www.growafrohairlong.com

I don't have a clue how to keep hair moisturized under weaves...as when I wore them (before LHCF) I didn't moisturize my hair:lachen:....no wonder it was a MESS...I think that stasoffro would be great as freshlikemoi wrote:yep:or scurl or carefree curl....

wheezy807

You look very pretty! You did a wonderful job! I would use a moistuizing braid spray like african royal or african pride (don't know which one is better). I got really excited because you look like a girl i went to school with but her name is Valerie and she's from illinois. Your very pretty.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Your weave looks nice:yep:...I wonder if she has any advice on

www.growafrohairlong.com

I don't have a clue how to keep hair moisturized under weaves...as when I wore them (before LHCF) I didn't moisturize my hair:lachen:....no wonder it was a MESS...I think that stasoffro would be great as freshlikemoi wrote:yep:or scurl or carefree curl....

thanks for the link....there's some good info on there

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal

You look very pretty! You did a wonderful job! I would use a moistuizing braid spray like african royal or african pride (don't know which one is better). I got really excited because you look like a girl i went to school with but her name is Valerie and she's from illinois. Your very pretty.
aww thank you!!

I'm gonna head to the store now

I swear this site it making me a PJ :lachen::lachen::lachen:

girlyprincess23

I hear people say S curl all the time....i dont know if this is going to work but im going to try it when i get my weave in a couple weeks and i definately plan on leaving that joker in for 3 months...until june b/c the cold weather is no joke to my hair. but what i plan on doing is spiking the s-curl w/ infusium 23 moisturizing and jamaican mango and lime cactus moisturizer and using that in the am and using my vatika, cactus oil, MN, and coconut oil at night and seeing where that gets me!!

Dommo

i wear instant weaves for my protective styling and i whip up some raw shea butter and saturate my hair while cornbraiding it and it keeps my hair really moisturized for about a week and a half...In my opinion half wigs(instant weaves) are safer for your natural hair because you have the option of taking it off when u want and allowing some oxygen to get to your scalp and its easier to moisturize the braids properly. With weaves its really hard.

Gemini350z

I use surge and boundless tresses mixed with jojoba oil, they are mixed in a color aplicator bottle. To get down in between the tracks!

berry87

Yup if you like! Alma is not a heavy oil like JBCO so it won't really have a cakey/sticky feeling underneath the weave. You can apply it with the applicator bottle.:yep:

oh another question

I have amla oil....is it ok to use this on my roots while I have the weave?

bella gee

lol ...he has fine 3c hair...he says he uses biolage products

brownshugahgirl -

Who is the guy in your avitar - ask him how it got that texture so long. What is his regime :grin:

To OP - sorry about that - your hair looks good. Can't wait to see how it looks with curls in.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
so today marks one month since I have the sew-in

I washed yesterday so my scalp feels good again. I think I can do a couple more weeks with it.