ATTENTION: People who have had Sewed In Weave!!!!!

Nessa

Melodee,

I am plan to get a weave (human hair), and shoulder lentgh or longer. Because I wanna look good. And I don't wanna it to look like I am old. And if I get shoulder length hair, weave. It will be a preview of how my hair will be. Plus when I wear this weave I can feel for the first time of gettin shoulder length hair of longer in my life. So this is good. And the best part is that my hair will be growin.And I wouldn't want my hair to be curly so I want it straight and maybe a little wavy. That would be good. Well thank you. I hope you have a good summer and a good day. Thank God

Your Lil' Sis

Nessa

Karonica

Re: ATTENTION: People who have had Sewed In Weave!

Thanks for the warning, CBJ. I pray that the Sensationnel hair lasts at least a month. Next time, I will look into Outre. And I purchased a weaving net last week. I don't plan on using it though, because last time I had the weave, I had no problems with the thread. I just bought it in case I felt like experimenting at home or something. It was quite pricey at $17.99. But there were multiple nets, and one net cap. I got it from an Asian-owned beauty supply store.

Nessa

How much is a regular human weave? Just curious.

Karonica

Oh gosh, it can range. Depends on the amount of inches, brand, quality, and the store you buy it from. My Sensationnel HH Deep Wave 14-16 inch cost me $21.99 a pack at the Asian-owned store. That's actually pretty good (it would've been a few bucks more at another store probably). There are other brands that cost a ton more. Do a search online for some beauty supply stores, and you will see that some weaves can be really pricey.

Nessa

Okay. I will ask my mom which I can get. She loves to save money but yet again save. But around more than 20 dollars? Dang that is a whole lot for one pack.Dang I may get one pack or two packs I don't know. I hope it is cheiper where I get it. I got this asian store. And they got everything. THat is why I love there store they got alot of stuff in there.

katherine

Hi ineedmoney,
You don't have to press the hair that is braided. Actually the courser your hair is the longer your braids will stay. I have thicker courser hair so my braids last a lot longer then my friend who's hair is thinner and finer. however you may want to press your hair that is left out (if you are planning to leave some out) otherwise it may not blend with the attached hair. If your hair is short and you put in a very curly weave you may be able to play with it and get it to blend with out a press or a relaxer.....

Hope this answers your question!

Nessa

Katherine and Karonica and anybody Else,

I know it may not be good to get a perm before a sew in weave day. but has anybody got a perm before it. And got good results.

Nessa

Oh, no. Maybe idon't know a week or 2 from the day. Or do you prefer I don't relax my hair.

And anybody is welsome to post anything about this subject i NEED all the info I can get.

I love learnin a whole lot.

Karonica

I'd say wait at least 4. So that way, you should have some new growth to help make your hair stronger to hold the wefts of hair that is sewn on the track.

Nessa

What if I couldn't I mean my mom never likes to wait that long for my hair. IS it good just to not relax my hair at all and just go ahead and weave my head.

katherine

Hey Nessa,

Unless you already put the relaxer on your head I say wait! your hair is completely braided up and like Karonica said your natural hair will be stronger then relaxed hair. If you are doing it just to blend your hair with the weave hair have your beautician relax ONLY the part of your hair that is showing.

ineedmoney

thank you for your help. i think i won't get a weve then for now. which i'm kind sad about cuz i swas this pretty wavey-crimped type hair by hollywood. i'll wait till the school year starts again.

cutebajangirl

Nessa, You can always get the weave and then braid the hair in extensions with hair that matches the weave hair. I did that for part of this past winter. If you don't get any damag efrom cornrows you shoudn't get any damage from this.

Nessa

I have done that plenty of times. But I prefer to do the sew in weave method. Good Growth and no touching.

Nessa

Just bumping up for people who need this

phynestone

*bumping*

How often do you moisturize your hair and scalp underneath the weave when you have it? I was planning on using Frenchee's on my scalp once or twice a week, and putting s-curl and mango butter on the cornrows underneath the weave to keep that hair moisturized and protected. I want to leave this weave in until the end of August and I plan on getting it tightened every month until I take it out. Is this a good idea and if not, what does everyone else suggest?

kitten73

girl, i just got a weave last week and they woman used outre, yaki and i hate it. i see the crinkles on the hair, you know that signal that the hair is fake. i am pissed to say the least. i want to ge the wet and wavy when i take this out. exactly what was the full name of the outre wet and wavy you used? maybe i will check it out. this hair is shedding as well. it wasn't cheap either, 28 bucks a pack. i think next time i may do the hair by the pund route.

Karonica

Was it Outre's "Premium" Yaky? If so, I bought it, and as soon as I opened the pack, fly-aways shot out everywhere.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have never washed my hair when my mom put in a sewed-in weave. I only would wear it for a week and I have had weave in my hair twice out of my whole 20 years of life
so I'm no expert about weave...I actually dont like it for the simple fact that its not my hair!

kitten73

I think so, not too sure. all i know is it is shedding like i don't know what and it has the crinkles. i am going to try to deal with it for a while and then i am taking this mess out. it tangles constantly. i don't know what to do.