caring for sew in weave

sexy c

I am thinking about sewing in a weave but i am concerned how do i wash and deep condition my hair with the weave in, also how do you moisturize ur hair with weave sewn in

tallnomad

i had one for about a year--not the same one--:) and i never washed. this is before i knew what i've learned of lhcf, but if i had to do it again, i think i wouldn't change a thing. my hair grew a bit past bra strap length. i kept the weave in for 3 months each time and would just spray my hair underneath. when i took it out, my hair was the longest it had ever been and healthy.

it later broke off because i was ignorant about chemicals and jacked it up. now, i'm try to grow back. a stylist i know said that she never washes her hair while wearing a weave either. she said she contributes that to hair growth.:ohwell:

glamazon386

tiffcurl said:
i had one for about a year--not the same one--:) and i never washed. this is before i knew what i've learned of lhcf, but if i had to do it again, i think i wouldn't change a thing. my hair grew a bit past bra strap length. i kept the weave in for 3 months each time and would just spray my hair underneath. when i took it out, my hair was the longest it had ever been and healthy.

it later broke off because i was ignorant about chemicals and jacked it up. now, i'm try to grow back. a stylist i know said that she never washes her hair while wearing a weave either. she said she contributes that to hair growth.:ohwell:

The first few times I had a sew in I didn't wash either. I didn't know any better. My hair grew like wildfire, though. Now I wash mines every week because it'll get itchy.

kandegirl

I just go to the shop and let my aunt wash mine or I wash it at home. Just dilute some shampoo, I like clarifying shampoo, and wash in between your braids under the weave. rinse. Sit under a hooded dryer to dry your braids fully and spray your scalp with braid spray for moisture and some infusium for strength.

asummertyme

kandegirl said:
I just go to the shop and let my aunt wash mine or I wash it at home. Just dilute some shampoo, I like clarifying shampoo, and wash in between your braids under the weave. rinse. Sit under a hooded dryer to dry your braids fully and spray your scalp with braid spray for moisture and some infusium for strength.

this is the key...ita