How Long Should I Wait Until I Relax

missenm

Hi Ladies!

I am a 4B and currently wearing a sewn in weave. When I finally take the weave out I will be 19 weeks post relaxer. How long should I wait after taking out the weave before relaxing my new growth? I guess this question is for anyone who has worn a sewn in weave before or for any braid wearers (my natural hair is in cornrows). Any suggestions/comments are welcomed. Thanks!

Nanyanika

I usually wear braids....i'm transitioning now but i would usually wait 10-14 days before relaxing to allow the hair to regain moisture/amino acids, , i'd shampoo/reconstruct/deep condition and keep the hair moisturised daily and try not to manipulate the hair too much.

Ashee

missenm said:
Hi Ladies!

I am a 4B and currently wearing a sewn in weave. When I finally take the weave out I will be 19 weeks post relaxer. How long should I wait after taking out the weave before relaxing my new growth? I guess this question is for anyone who has worn a sewn in weave before or for any braid wearers (my natural hair is in cornrows). Any suggestions/comments are welcomed. Thanks!

Since my hair was always moistened when I did the braids I used to relax the follwing day or the night I took them out...
Maybe you could do a protein treatment the day you take out the braids and wait three days later to do the actual relaxer... Just to make sure that you give your hair a little more strength...
-HTH ;)