Smoother Softer hair Edges/Perimeter, how do you achieve?

cocoagirl

I long for the days where I can push my hair back into a ponytail and have smooth edges on my hairline, without using gel. Some people have a hairline where the length around the perimeter is the same lenght as the rest of the hair, allowing for smooth ponytail styles. Someone had posted a while back that because our hairline gets wet a lot from washing our face etc., thehairline goes through the ringer.
What products are you using on your hairline/edges that smooth and soften it? Or are some of us just stuck with beadie bees (as Martin would say)?

Stiletto_Diva

I make sure to put EXTRA conditioner around my edges and smooth it down with my hands. this seems to have gotten my edges smoother, softer, and silkier

malachi74

OP, I have the same problem :perplexed. My edges and the hair that frames my face is always shorter. I've tried Lenzi's Request on the edges to try to grow them out but the hairs either break or don't grow at all (i can't tell which). For now i use Fantasia IC to smooth my edges but i'm thinking this may be the culprit.

CenteredGirl

1. spritz brush with water/condish mix
  2. brush hairline back
  3. apply IC sparklite gel or Aloe Vera gel
  4. brush hairline back
  5. put on scarf around edges
  6. Wait about 30 minutes
  7. Remove scarf, smooth as silk babe.:yep:

Wanderland

1. spritz brush with water/condish mix
  2. brush hairline back
  3. apply IC sparklite gel or Aloe Vera gel
  4. brush hairline back
  5. put on scarf around edges
  6. Wait about 30 minutes
  7. Remove scarf, smooth as silk babe.:yep:

Mine is similar after washing apply extra Leave in around edges, bun, then put coconut oil and lightly brush with soft boar bristles only on edges then throw on scarf until i get to work (30 min)

Is it healthy for relaxed hair? I've heard of using aloe vera gel, but I'm so afraid it will break my hair off like using real gel all the time. Can you use it everyday? I work out, so I would need to use daily to keep hairline smooth until I wash again...

GNC 99 percent Aloe Vera Skin jel. Lays down my edges and kitchen like nobody's biz!!!

shtow

Is it healthy for relaxed hair? I've heard of using aloe vera gel, but I'm so afraid it will break my hair off like using real gel all the time. Can you use it everyday? I work out, so I would need to use daily to keep hairline smooth until I wash again...

I dont see why not. Skin products and hair products generally have the same ingredients. I work out 5 days a week for and hour and a half and my edges stay LAID with this stuff. I am going to start using it on my scalp to see if that helps with the flakes as well.

TrendySocialite

I either use aloe vera gel or a aloe vera juice and afrosheen spritz. tie down with scarf for as long as possible (at least 30 minutes). Very soft and smooth.