Type 4s Please help me with my Edges!!

keelioness

Hello ladies I recently got a Boheyme weave installed..the hair is big!:blush: I need my edges to be smooothed and slicked back ..I don' t want puffy edges and a puffy weave . I can' t get my edges slicked back for nothing! I purchased Hick' s smooth edges for $16.00.. I've tried Fantasia gel,Dax, pomades....scarf method..suggestions please. Attatched is a pic of my HAIRLINE.

pic is coming out to big..ugh

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Last edited:

keelioness

Hi Kandake..Im having trouble uploading the pic from my droid.. i tried the clear ecostyler..worked for a couple hrs then wore off..is that the right one?

keelioness

NIN4eva.. im gonna try this.. when i was getting my hair pressed the stylist used hicks and it held for 2 weeks..not working for my natural texture

kandake

Hi Kandake..Im having trouble uploading the pic from my droid.. i tried the clear ecostyler..worked for a couple hrs then wore off..is that the right one?

I've used the pink and the olive oil. Are you applying a scarf around your edges to help slick them down more.

keelioness

Yes im using the scarf... It looks ok for about an hour then poof. I' m still working on uploading the pic

kandake

Really. Well, hopefully you'll get some better suggestions from the ladies. I hope you find something that works

levette

Elasta qp hair glaze slicks down my edges when I use it with a scarf. I keep the scarf on for about 5-10 minutes

Azure18

When you used Hicks did you pair it with the scarf method??

If it still didn't work, use ORS Edge Control with a scarf for about 30 minute. I found the secret to be using a toothbrush to apply the Edge Control and lay down the edges.

It's always worked perfectly for me.

nzeee

Hick's didn't work for you?! hmm.. the only other product I can suggest is L'Oreal Hair Expertise EverPure Smooth Frizz-Free Serum, it's advertised as a serum but it's more like a liquidy gel substance. I only use it on my edges as the hold it too strong for any other part of my hair. I'd say give this one a shot.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/l'...mooth-frizz-free-serum/ID=prod6030175-product

i've never used the bolded but since you haven't either i'd say it might be your best bet. i actually gonna run out and buy this today myself just to see if there is anything in the world that works.

i have the same problem you have and have come to the conclusion that it's about thickness in addition to texture. cuz my hair isn't really 'nappy' but it's hella thick and gel and that stuff only works on my temples where i have experienced some thinning.

anyhoo, try this stuff and let me know how it works.

btw: when using the scarf method, it might be more effective if you wrap overnight when VERY moist for longer staying power...

PPGbubbles

OP your weave looks like it is curly/wavy why not flat twist the front and have a fully curly/wavy install. Your gonna be fighting a loosing battle trying to obtain smooth straight edges when your weave is straight to begin with.

when I rocked the bohyme brazilian wave I rocked curly roots so that I could blend
and achieve a more realistic result

ETA: sorry its sooo big I dont know how to resize :( ETA again... I made it smaller :yep: thanks photobucket lol

Last edited:

keelioness

PPGbubbles your hair looks really pretty.. I dint really have enough hair left put to play with.. but see how your very edges are smoothed into the weave? Thats how I want mine to look

PPGbubbles

@PPGbubbles your hair looks really pretty.. I dint really have enough hair left put to play with.. but see how your very edges are smoothed into the weave? Thats how I want mine to look

I had a very small amount left out and the only way my edges looked good was if I flat twisted and night and slept with a scarf. The days I didnt do this my hair looke a HAM :lachen: