Smooth N Shine Curl Activator

MrJohnsonsRib

I was in the BX on base dropping off my hubby's uniform for the usual fixings and I decided to go look around in the BX and was trying to find something cheap/inexpensive to buy to maybe help save my hair (needs mucho moisture). Things are so limited up here and expensive so buying on base can benefit you a lot anyway I checked the ingredients like a good LHCFer should :grin: and it said- Water Aqua , Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hyaluronic Acid , Panthenol , Oleth-20 , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Benzophenone-4 , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance Parfum , Ext. Violet 2 CI 60730
.....I maybe should've washed my hair last night so I could have a clean slate to work with, but oh well...I tried it this morning on my hair, my ends are mostly relaxed 4b strands and I am gonna see how it goes in this very cold dry weather here, with my hat that I am required to wear all the time...it's already been about an hour and a half since I put it on and it seems the "water" might have evaporated?? for the most part but we will see how it feels in about 3 hours and so on....I hope it's moisturizing cause this would be one easy money-saving staple on my list. I will also wash my hair tonight and see how that works with it CLEAN.

If anyone else knows about this product or the ingredients do tell!- I don't know what all of them do. Thanks!

danigurl18

I use to use it and it did nothing for my hair! It made it really dry... Try longaid... it was recommended to me by honeycomb

Napp

Ms. Nobody
wow! i love smooth n shine activator(for extra dry hair) i tried long aid and it didnt work as well. i got poor curl definition and im not a fan of the smell. i wish smooth n shine came in larger jars though. when i was transitioning i even used it as a moisturizer. lol different strokes for different folks.

MrJohnsonsRib

Thanks for everyone's inputs.....turns out Glycerine might not be so good for the dry cold climate here so I may have to use a butter??

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I've tried it and it was OK. :ohwell: I'm just very hard to please since Kinky curl custard use.:rolleyes: It is too expensive to replace, but it defined my hair and made my curls look texlaxed. I need a lot of product to define my curls. IC gel w. sparkelites is second best.:yep:

Cheleigh

I use it and like it (I do add a few ingredients to it though). I'm now using LongAid and it's greasier, but ok too.

Glycerin generally isn't going to moisturize your hair when the air is dry or lacks humidity--it will actually absorb the moisture already in your hair. You might want to use a humidifier indoors if you're going to use products with humectants.