SL 2015

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Awww @stephanie75miller yours came out pretty much like mines when done on wet hair . Mine are not that much better when done dry but its less frizzy. Might want to experiment on different levels of damp hair? @faithVA is right about the cream though...

Thanks for posting the results! Its important to record what doesn't work too.
Oh that was my wash n go this morning. But thank you. :lachen:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been using that and the mouse together for my wash n goes lately no flakes. Have you paired with something that could cause the flakes. I've liked my results but not really a fan of the scent. :blush2:

Maybe it's the diluted Giovanni leavein that i use prior to applying the custard. I also think i used too much. I'm gonna try it again tonight, but this time I'll use beautiful curls Shea butter leavein & less custard .

faithVA

Maybe it's the diluted Giovanni leavein that i use prior to applying the custard. I also think i used too much. I'm gonna try it again tonight, but this time I'll use beautiful curls Shea butter leavein & less custard .

They recommend mixing in your hand first to see if they work well together. If they clump, they will flake. Never tried it but that is what I have heard.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
My twistout turned out great today but.i still had alittle flakes, but.nearly as much as last time. And i only had flakes where i was heavy handed. @stephanie75miller and @faithVA . I think next time i use the custard, i wont use a leavein with in, just water.
It looks great. I plan on using the custard for my wash n go in the morning. I brought the creme of nature sulfate free shampoo and the spray leave in and washed my tonight when I got home from gym. The shampoo surprised me. It was very silky going on. My hair didn't feel stripped.:cup:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Good morning ladies. My wash n go wasn't working this morning, so I decided to do a ponytail. I used my bandette comb for the first time. I brought it from Walmart a couple weeks ago, and didn't think it would work, but it was very easy to use. You basically gather your hair into a ponytail stick the comb into the bottom of the ponytail and bring the elastic over the top of the ponytail and connect to other side of comb. There's no tension on my hair and it feels secure. I will definitely be using this again image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 5

faithVA

My twistout turned out great today but.i still had alittle flakes, but.nearly as much as last time. And i only had flakes where i was heavy handed. @stephanie75miller and @faithVA . I think next time i use the custard, i wont use a leavein with in, just water.

Glad you got good results. When combining things make sure if it has butters that they are low on the list. Heavy butters don't work well with things because they don't absorb into the hair. You can also give the leave-in more time to absorb into the hair before applying your next layer. Seems like you have a good plan to try next time. You will work it out.

faithVA

Good morning ladies. My wash n go wasn't working this morning, so I decided to do a ponytail. I used my bandette comb for the first time. I brought it from Walmart a couple weeks ago, and didn't think it would work, but it was very easy to use. You basically gather your hair into a ponytail stick the comb into the bottom of the ponytail and bring the elastic over the top of the ponytail and connect to other side of comb. There's no tension on my hair and it feels secure. I will definitely be using this again View attachment 325437 View attachment 325438View attachment 325439

That sounds interesting. I will have to remember that when I get enough hair, whenever that is. I have something similar but don't remember where I got it from.

I have lots of hair toys but no hair :ohwell: :lol:

faithVA

I took my twist out today and wearing a twistout. I am surprised at how moisturized and soft my hair feels. If someone had told me last year that my hair would thrive without conditioner and leave-in, I would have never believed them. Now I'm just trying to get this color in shampoo to work right so I can ditch the permanent color.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I took my twist out today and wearing a twistout. I am surprised at how moisturized and soft my hair feels. If someone had told me last year that my hair would thrive without conditioner and leave-in, I would have never believed them. Now I'm just trying to get this color in shampoo to work right so I can ditch the permanent color.
What do you mean color in shampoo?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Let me know if you try it and get it to work. It only comes in black.

It works for my hair but not 100% for my grays. That's what I'm trying to figure out.
I would want it for my grays as well. On one of the q and a's someone said that she started out messaging product in for 10 minutes and she wasn't getting full coverage of her gray. So now she messages for 5 minutes and let's sit for 5 minutes and now her grays are covered.

faithVA

I would want it for my grays as well. On one of the q and a's someone said that she started out messaging product in for 10 minutes and she wasn't getting full coverage of her gray. So now she messages for 5 minutes and let's sit for 5 minutes and now her grays are covered.

I have massaged for 5 and let sit as long as 25. It isn't all my grays. Its just the sides. Today, I'm going to try massaging for 5, let sit for 5, rinsing. And then repeating the process to see if that helps.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
You know @faithVA ive also had trouble with color around the perimeter until I realized its my facial products like face cream etc. So now before I color (hendigo) I make sure to clarify first and drag the shampoo suds out to my actual skin at the temple and forehead to ensure face product and skin oils and sweat removed. Problem solved.

faithVA

You know @faithVA ive also had trouble with color around the perimeter until I realized its my facial products like face cream etc. So now before I color (hendigo) I make sure to clarify first and drag the shampoo suds out to my actual skin at the temple and forehead to ensure face product and skin oils and sweat removed. Problem solved.

@DarkJoy
Cool. I tried clarifying a few times. I thought maybe it was conditioner or oil or whatever on my hair causing an issue. I tried using something with a high ph to open the cuticle. I didn't see any difference. I'm on attempt 7 or 8 with the changes, so I have tried a few things.

I've always had trouble with semi-permanent colors which is why I color my hair with a permanent color. I think the hair in that area though is just very resistant to anything. I may go to Sally's and get the ION product you use before you color. I'm going to try a few more test though before I do that.

I may try the clarifying again though. Maybe I will have some other insight. I miss my blog where I can capture my experiments :cry:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
It's the weekend and I have zero desire to do my hair. I really wanted to experiment with a Bantu knot out or a twist out. I have zero motivation to complete either. Hopefully I can muster up some energy tomorrow. I just washed and put in a high pony with bangs. Took about 5 minutes. :hide:image.jpg

Wenbev

a really good color shampoo is the aveda line. they have for black, brown, red and blonde.
Now I just use henna. I agree with the point Dark Joy mentioned about the temple hairs, they can be resistant but if the hair and skin are completely free of product, the hairs there uptake the color better. Also, inbetween color, try using rosemary tea. Freshly dried seems to work the best. Rosemary is known for darkening hair.