SL 2015

Evolving78

I was on my way to your party but you gave me the wrong address :ohwell:
girl! I had the worst birthday ever in life! Lol my kids acted like brats all day! Do you know I had got some rum raisin, and I had to share!???? Then my dd said she doesn't like raisins and started spitting them out! Then I couldn't watch scandal because she was scared of some coyote jumping out of her closet! So she stayed in my room and I had to watch sprout! Oh and my son kept begging me for $5 and to take him to game stop! So you didn't miss anything! Oh and my mom doesn't want a party! So I'm getting her some concert tickets and calling it a day!

faithVA

girl! I had the worst birthday ever in life! Lol my kids acted like brats all day! Do you know I had got some rum raisin, and I had to share!???? Then my dd said she doesn't like raisins and started spitting them out! Then I couldn't watch scandal because she was scared of some coyote jumping out of her closet! So she stayed in my room and I had to watch sprout! Oh and my son kept begging me for $5 and to take him to game stop! So you didn't miss anything! Oh and my mom doesn't want a party! So I'm getting her some concert tickets and calling it a day!

Well dang! I'm sorry to hear that. They owe you a birthday. Make them pay up.

xu93texas

Oh no! Sorry your day didn't go as planned. Your SO needs to make up for that. You need a do over!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I am currently at the point (just around cbl at the nape ) where I always have to bc due to splits and chewed up ends and a plethora of ssk. Praying that my snd twice a month plus dusting will keep that from happening again. I also use weekly light protein which also seems to help.

So far everything looks good.

faithVA

I am currently at the point (just around cbl at the nape ) where I always have to bc due to splits and chewed up ends and a plethora of ssk. Praying that my snd twice a month plus dusting will keep that from happening again. I also use weekly light protein which also seems to help.

So far everything looks good.
Hopefully everything is in order this time and your diligence is paying off. But no more big chops for you. Only protein treatments will small dustings and search and destroys.

faithVA

I had stopped putting in two strand twists since I have been washing/water rinsing at least 2x a week. And putting in two strand twists are too time consuming to install to take out in 3 days. However, last Wednesday, I decided to put some in because I didn't feel like flat twists and curls. They held up very well. In the past they have started to feel dry after 2 days. On Sunday, I oiled my hair and scalp, put the twist on perm rods and water rinsed in the shower for a few minutes. Then I let my hair air dry over night.

In the past I have tried moisturizing my twist, spritzing my twist, rinsing my twist (many different methods) and have always ended up with frizzy, tangled roots with hard dry twists. However, now after doing MHM for months, I was finally able to successfully rinse my twist and my hair stayed intact. My twist feel a bit hard but my hair is not frizzy or tangled. I did not think to seal in the water with oil when my hair was damp. I think that is why my hair feels a bit hard.

But overall it is a win for me. I plan on repeating the process tomorrow to make it through the week. But this time I will seal my hair with oil while damp. And I will wear a twist out on Friday.

If my twists were longer I would wear them more often. For now, I think I will try to wear twist 1x a month for about 10 days to give myself a styling break.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
image.jpg Hello everyone. I go home from and decided to cowash. When I got out the shower I had a spurt of energy and decided to put in some Bantu knots. I have never done them before. I started them around 10:30pm. It took me an hour to put them in. I'm hoping my hair is dry in the morning. I really hope they turn out right. :nervous2::nervous2:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Well ladies operation Bantu knot out was a failure :eek::lachen:. I looked a hot mess this morning. It had not dried fully and it was frizzy. I will try again this weekend when I'll have time to let it dry fully. Does anyone have product suggestions for a knot out. I just used my creme of nature styling mousse and I don't think that was a good choice. I ended up re-washing my hair this morning and doing a wash n go.

@DarkJoy yes that's one of my dog babies. She's a very spoiled baby. image.jpg

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
^^Well your install looked nice. Sorry it didn't have the definition you wanted. I think you want to use a cream like you would if you were doing a twist out. But that is just me guessing. I've not gotten a bantu knot out to work either. We are rooting for you.
Thank you @faithVA. I guess it was a little ambitious considering I haven't gotten a twist out to work out yet either. I will try a creme this weekend. I liked the way the actual Bantus looked. :spinning:

Guinan

Re-Branding
@stephanie75miller , I'm having the same problem this morning. I did a twistout but I didnt let it dry all the way, so now the roots are frizzy. Normally I can get 2-4 days out of a twistout, bu tonight I will have to re-twist. I think this time I waill use a styler custard by creme of nature. The last time I used it it gave me great hold and definition but it also gave me some flakes. I think my problem was that I used to much product.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@stephanie75miller , I'm having the same problem this morning. I did a twistout but I didnt let it dry all the way, so now the roots are frizzy. Normally I can get 2-4 days out of a twistout, bu tonight I will have to re-twist. I think this time I waill use a styler custard by creme of nature. The last time I used it it gave me great hold and definition but it also gave me some flakes. I think my problem was that I used to much product.
I've been using that and the mouse together for my wash n goes lately no flakes. Have you paired with something that could cause the flakes. I've liked my results but not really a fan of the scent. :blush2: