Silk Wrap Cheat, better than Saran Wrap....

Dove56

Hello ladies,

I saw this method on YouTube and I think it's wonderful! I tried this today (I'm under the dryer frying right now) for the first time and I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

I'm growing my hair back to MBL so I'm avoiding flatirons (unless I'm BKT'ing) because I still have some bleached ends (covered by black dye) from a couple of years ago. I will go back to flatironing once those ends are gone.

Anyway, here is the link and I hope you all like the method instead of wrestling with that Saran Wrap:

Description:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbptlkhXDcY

Results
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmsxE80hrw

Last edited:

Dove56

It works!!! My hair looks like it's been flatironed!!!! YAY! My DH isn't here to take pictures yet, when he gets home I'm going to take pics and post them. :)

Ms_Twana

It works!!! My hair looks like it's been flatironed!!!! YAY! My DH isn't here to take pictures yet, when he gets home I'm going to take pics and post them. :)

Post pictures AS SOON AS you take them. :lachen:

Did it work better than the saran wrap??

sevetlana

That is how I have been doing mine, since I saw the saran wrap from macherie. I tie mine down with a scarf and go under the dryer.

Ms_Twana

I LOVE her hair too!! It is gorgeous (and so is she)!!!!!!!!! Her rollersetting video was a Godsend. :yep: I can rollerset because of her now. Love it!

Yeah, I'm stalking her videos now. She seems like such a pleasant person.

WantNatural

Yes, the plastic cap works just as well. When I used to go to the salon my stylist always used a plastic cap, and my hair was always silky straight and shiny, even when he stopped flat ironing after the dried rollerset. It's also much easier.

momi

For anyone that may be interested:

I tried this method on my silk press Tuesday and I cannot believe I was able to get my hair this silky and shiny all by myself!

Honestly, I see no need to visit my stylist anymore other than for trims.

I shampooed and conditioned with Keracare, sat under the steamer, added It's a 10 leave in and blow dried in sections. Afterwards I flat ironed on 395 in thin 2" wide sections, bumped the ends and wrapped my hair. I put the cap on and sat under the dryer for exactly 8 minutes. I feel like a queen.

:2inlove:

LushLox

Thanks for the video, I'm going to give this a go. I haven't done a roller set in a minute so will do a roller wrap.

Last edited:

GGsKin

:flahssssss::flahssssss:

I tried this method on my silk press Tuesday and I cannot believe I was able to get my hair this silky and shiny all by myself!

I shampooed and conditioned with Keracare, sat under the steamer, added It's a 10 leave in and blow dried in sections. Afterwards I flat ironed on 395 in thin 2" wide sections, bumped the ends and wrapped my hair. I put the cap on and sat under the dryer for exactly 8 minutes. I feel like a queen.

Thanks for the video, I'm going to give this a go. I have done a roller set in a minute so will do a roller wrap.

Daina

:needpics: