As promised...my silk wrap process w/pics.

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
Beautiful as always. I am wrap challenged, so I admire your ability to wrap all of that hair so nicely.

Diva_Esq

Believe it or not I have bigger ones, lol. The next size down is gray I think.

Wow! I think I'll try your method this weekend with the red rollers and try to capture pics in case it turns out good. I SUCK at rollersetting. Hoping the ponies will help. :)

Addy3010

OMG So beautiful, it came out so nice. I wouldve never though about rolling in pony tails thats a really good idea! im gonna have to save that, and write it down when i grow some hair to rollerset.

blackbarbie

My last rollerset was a disaster and thank you so much for reminding me of the ponytail rollerset. (I have done a ponytail rollerset it in the past but it was when I had a relaxer.)

I am going to try this again since I am natural and I like the straight look (but without the heat).

Thanks for the inspiration! (and the reminder)

BB

laurend085

1. What kind of bands do you use for your pony tails?

2. Do you roll up or down?

3. Is this as effective has rollersetting with just rows of rollers cause I can't rollerseT?

Garner

Pokahontas, Thanks for sharing. I know this took a lot of time and effort. Your hair is gorgeous!!!

Nice & Wavy

Beautiful, as always!!!

To start I roller set my hair in ponytails except for my bang area where I put 2 rollers w/o pony. I did 8 ponytails (4 in back-2 rollers per pony, 2 on each side-1 roller per pony) I should do more rollers but I'm too lazy and I don't think I'd fit under my Pibbs. I used the black rollers and diluted Lottabody setting lotion (not the ready to use kind). I forgot to take a pic of the set but I have one of the rollers just taken out.

Rollers taken out, bands taken off pony's, un-combed:

Combed out the curls, getting ready to wrap:

<----
see the crinkles at my roots....the silk wrap will take care of those...I don't know how but it does, lol.

After silk wrap, before flat ironing roots.
(I wrapped my hair after using a very small amount of moisturizer, covered with one layer of saran wrap and sat under the dryer for about 15-20 minutes) See how is straightens it out a lot more.....this is good if you want a straighter look because you don't have to use a flat iron.

Final results
(I flat ironed my edges, nape, and some crinkly areas in the top....used my maxiglide) I also cut some inches off of my bangs:grin:.

This took a lot of time!...but I love the results. And it's all with very little direct heat.:grin:

Just let me know if you all have any questions about this process.