Silk Elements....reverted!!!!!!!!

Hi all. I just relaxed my hair again last night. The last time I relaxed I tried silk elements, and let me say...never again. The immediate results were great, but my hair started reverting two weeks later. It was so bad my hair was breaking and no deep conditioner or protein would stop it. Wouldn't ya know, after I relaxed it last night the breaking stopped immediately.

Has anyone else experience this? I think I'm going back to Soft & Beautiful. Anyone have any other suggestions for a girl with a sensitive scalp?

AtlantaJJ

I'm sorry you had that happen. I just recently did an Aphrogee Treatment, followed by a deep condition with Biosilk Hydrating condtioner mixed with some hemp seed oil, and I have a new head of hair. I was shedding like a big dog, and my ends were popping off. I know Aphrogee is not for every one but I would recommened it to anyone who knows their hair is very damaged. I'll be doing the treatments about every 6 weeks or so until I get out of the woods.

I did have my SE mild revert on me, but I thought it was due to my inexperince at self relaxing.

AtlantaJJ said:
I'm sorry you had that happen. I just recently did an Aphrogee Treatment, followed by a deep condition with Biosilk Hydrating condtioner mixed with some hemp seed oil, and I have a new head of hair. I was shedding like a big dog, and my ends were popping off. I know Aphrogee is not for every one but I would recommened it to anyone who knows their hair is very damaged. I'll be doing the treatments about every 6 weeks or so until I get out of the woods.

I did have my SE mild revert on me, but I thought it was due to my inexperince at self relaxing.

After the relaxer, a rinse, and a deep conditioner mix of moisture & protein (with heat)---the breakage has stopped. My hair is soft and supple again.

czyfaith77

chocomom said:
Hi all. I just relaxed my hair again last night. The last time I relaxed I tried silk elements, and let me say...never again. The immediate results were great, but my hair started reverting two weeks later. It was so bad my hair was breaking and no deep conditioner or protein would stop it. Wouldn't ya know, after I relaxed it last night the breaking stopped immediately.

Has anyone else experience this? I think I'm going back to Soft & Beautiful. Anyone have any other suggestions for a girl with a sensitive scalp?

I am sorry this happened to you. Did you use the lye or no lye and did you wash you hair and rinse the relaxer out thoroughly. I use Silk Elements for Course Hair (Lye) After I relax I follow up with a neutralizing shampoo and Creme of Nature Moisturising Shampoo (the green, yellow, and white bottle. I only do this if I am not using Dudley's neutralizer shampoo which I really love thanks to Keen (I got it from her at one of our meetings)) I then condition my hair using Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner ( Good conditioner I found under $4 at by local BSS). Last step, I always follow up my Duo Tex with Silk Element Moisturisng Conditioner. I don't experience the breakage or anything and I am using the strongest relaxer (only because I have tried to use regular and it just doesn't work on my hair not even to texlax) they have. Again, I am so sorry this happened to you.

czyfaith77

chocomom said:
After the relaxer, a rinse, and a deep conditioner mix of moisture & protein (with heat)---the breakage has stopped. My hair is soft and supple again.

Good, that is what I was thinking. I alwasy have to folow up with protein and a good conditioner. And I do this weekely as well. I favor the DuoTex over Aphogee because I don't have to sit under the dryer and it does the same exact thing to my hair with feeling so harsh (like the hardness and stuff).

Yeah, but it was the reversion that was trigerring the breakage. the demarcation was bad. Oh well, lesson learned. Maybe I will give it one more chance and use and used regular instead of mild (it was the lye version in the jar).

czyfaith77

chocomom said:
Yeah, but it was the reversion that was trigerring the breakage. the demarcation was bad. Oh well, lesson learned. Maybe I will give it one more chance and use and used regular instead of mild (it was the lye version in the jar).

Are you sure it wasn't underprocessed?

czyfaith77 said:
Are you sure it wasn't underprocessed?

It could have been, but I used the directions to a tee. I processed for the time allotted starting with the first swipe of relaxer I put on. Maybe it just wasn't a strong enough formula.