Silicon Mix Ingredients?

Mdmommy99

I have seen a lot about this Silicon Mix and want to try it but I see that one of the ingredients is mineral oil and I have heard a lot on here about avoiding products that contain mineral oil. Can someone explain to me what makes this product different and what type of results you have had using it? Also, I have natural hair and most of the threads I have seen on this are women with relaxed hair, not sure if it makes a difference. I am a newbie trying to understand all the info here and can get a little overwhelmed :spinning:

Lucia

I'm natural and I've used silicon mix and it's great, I get incredible slip, makes hair soft, shiny and curls defined. Yes it's pretty much all cones but I don't mind that.

amazon sells it, so do some of the dominican sites. hth

http://www.roundbrushhair.com/siliconmixconditioner16oz.aspx

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimoniun Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

vkb247

I've used Silicon Mix before and it wasn't fantastic or horrible for me (I was natural at the time). I still have a bit and I use it one my weave hair because it works better for that.

I say use what works for you. Elasta QP DPR-11 works great on my hair and it has mineral oil in it. The only reason I don't use it anymore is because I believe it needs to be shampoo'd out and I don't like having to use poo, plus I have found homemade mixes that work for me and I love mixing up stuff up in the kitchen.

flowinlocks

I'm natural and I've used silicon mix and it's great, I get incredible slip, makes hair soft, shiny and curls defined. Yes it's pretty much all cones but I don't mind that.

amazon sells it, so do some of the dominican sites. hth

http://www.roundbrushhair.com/siliconmixconditioner16oz.aspx

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimoniun Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Cosigning.:yep:

sharifeh

Thanks for your responses. Are you all mixing it with stuff or just using it as is? I saw on many of the threads that people were mixing.

Well, the first time I use a product, I like to see that it works without mixing.
But after the first try, I always add coconut oil to my deep conditioner. Or I add some coconut oil to my scalp and ends before I put on my deep conditioner. Sometimes, I'll add honey too.

nymane

Thanks for your responses. Are you all mixing it with stuff or just using it as is? I saw on many of the threads that people were mixing.

I use it straight, it took me a long time to consider purchasing it because I saw the ingredients...but now I can't imagine life without it! Seriously, this stuff is gold...I have other staple DC's like Aubrey Organics Conditioner, that provide great moisture, but Silicon Mix is both extremely moisturizing and detangles very very well. It doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try.