Sally Silicon Mix Knock Off?

babyu21

I went to Sally's to get a new hair dryer and I happened upon a new product I hadn't seen there before. Its called nuNAAT Silicon. It looks like a Silicon Mix knock off. I attached photos and product ingredients. I will use it on my next wash day and report back. I have never used Silicon Mix so I can't really give a real comparison, sorry. Has anyone tried these products before? There are no reviews on Sally's website.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetrimonium Chloride, Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 - Cyclohexene Carboxaldelyde), BehentrimoniumChloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Poliquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Silk, Glicerin/Hydrolized Pearl/Sea Salt, Methylchoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 188

leona2025

Please let this conditioner be good! I wanna try silicon mix conditioner, but if I can get something similar that i can pick up in the store that would best. How much was it?

babyu21

The conditioner was about 4.99 or around there. It sounded similar and I can't resist impulse conditioner buys. If I don't like it will be going back. I plan on washing my hair on Sunday so I will do a review then. I should have known Empressi would already have the info on this product. I have never heard of the company before so this should be interesting.

ajargon02

I went to Sally's to get a new hair dryer and I happened upon a new product I hadn't seen there before. Its called nuNAAT Silicon. It looks like a Silicon Mix knock off. I attached photos and product ingredients. I will use it on my next wash day and report back. I have never used Silicon Mix so I can't really give a real comparison, sorry. Has anyone tried these products before? There are no reviews on Sally's website.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetrimonium Chloride, Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 - Cyclohexene Carboxaldelyde), BehentrimoniumChloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Poliquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Silk, Glicerin/Hydrolized Pearl/Sea Salt, Methylchoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

nunaat is their own company. i have some of their stuff...which i still need to try. my friend and i bought the chocolate masque at the IBS last year. she wasnt wowed.

http://shop.nunaat.com/en/

Ok, so I'm nosey, I wanted to look up this company and see how their ingredients compared.....

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]NGREDIENTS : Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I am not wowed by the ingredients in either.....but that's just me.
[/FONT]

babyu21

Ok, so I'm nosey, I wanted to look up this company and see how their ingredients compared.....

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]NGREDIENTS : Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I am not wowed by the ingredients in either.....but that's just me.
[/FONT]

I am not wowed by them either but all the rave reviews peaked my interest. I wondered why so many people rave about the stuff with an ingredient list that looks like that. Curiosity got the best of me and to be honest my momma paid for it. LMAO :lachen:

empressri

have the regular silicon mix...dunno if i actually used it though. i just finished the bambu one last week and my hair actually loved it. i couldnt believe it. i might buy that huge tub but id need someplace to put it.

leona2025

have the regular silicon mix...dunno if i actually used it though. i just finished the bambu one last week and my hair actually loved it. i couldnt believe it. i might buy that huge tub but id need someplace to put it.

empressri

Have you used any other Dominican products?

danigurl18

I absolutely love Silicon Mix! Nunaat has great products so I bet it's good. I used to use their Curly Moisturizing Mask before they stopped carrying at my local BSS

chelleypie810

i've used products that the dominicans use on me when they i go to salon..and yes i've used the original silicon mix..i liked it! but i love the smell of bambu..its ssoo strong lol. and i use lacio lacio as a leave in..which i also love. makes my hair super shiny.

Lucia

My hair loved loved loved some silicon mix. I only stopped using it so I could use up my products and streamline my regimen also I saw that it has mineral oil. If I could find a knock off that works just like it I might try it. The only thing I didn't like about it is it has mineral oil in it but my hair didn't care. I would use it after Aphogee 2 step under heat cap or steam and curls would POP hair was super soft after 25 min. No 1 hr dc sessions.

ashleymichelle1

I love silicon mix...i agree with one of the posters. My hair loves all the so called "bad" stuff because my hair loves all the silicons & mineral oil it can get. & i'm probably the only one who loves the smell of silicon mix...smells like baby powder & leaves my hair smelling good for days.

Anyways I'm tempted to go to salleys & try this stuff because I'm out of my beloved silicon mix and i can only order it on line...its not in stores where I live.

Geminigirl

has anyone heard sallys is korean owned. Well I have and all the knock offs make sense now. I saw this brand when I was in sallys but didn't know why I should get it, so I didnt, I look forward to reviews. Is this moisturizing or protein like?

Droid typing leads to typos for me

fatimablush

has anyone heard sallys is korean owned. Well I have and all the knock offs make sense now. I saw this brand when I was in sallys but didn't know why I should get it, so I didnt, I look forward to reviews. Is this moisturizing or protein like?

no way!!!

i was wondering why all the knocks offs though!

every week there is a new one!

Geminigirl

no way!!!

i was wondering why all the knocks offs though!

every week there is a new one!

yes a natural hair page I like on fb told me. I thought they were white owned. I really hate shopping at asian owned bss. I wonder why there aren't too many asians working in store, matter fact I've never seen one myself.

biancaelyse

Sally's was a subsidiary of Alberto Culver for many years and they were spun off as a separate company a few years ago.

Their corp headquarters is just north of Dallas.