Shower Filter users anyone

hot_pepper96

I'm about to buy to Shower Filters for my house. I remember reading on here that it helped one person with their hair. Since I've moved to this new house, the whole family has experience dryer hair and skin...even scaly patches.

Could too much metals in our water be contributing to our skin and hair issues? By the way the brand of filter I'm buying is AquaSauna.

AnjelLuvs

When I first got hype to this forum, there was several threads running on shower filters... which lead me to get one.. and that reminds me that I have to change my filter... I havent really noticed anything special about the hair... but that is a whole nother story... but the skin feels softer I would say it makes a difference
hot_pepper96 said:
I'm about to buy to Shower Filters for my house. I remember reading on here that it helped one person with their hair. Since I've moved to this new house, the whole family has experience dryer hair and skin...even scaly patches.

Could too much metals in our water be contributing to our skin and hair issues? By the way the brand of filter I'm buying is AquaSauna.

luckymonkey1307

i want one, i need one, but it def does make a diff. Especially if you have hard water, becuz when I spray my hair with distilled water vs. my shower head water, its a world of difference...

Angelicus

BUMP!

I got a shower filter installed about 2 days ago (Home Depot, 19.95) and I feel a difference in my skin and hair. My hair is easier to detangle. I live in Arizona and the water is so hard that I could see the calcium. my hair feels softer and I have peace of mind knowing that I have less calcium deposit in my hair.

ThursdayGirl

I have an Aquasana... and I did notice a gradual improvement in hair softness...but, where I really noticed a difference was on my skin. Its not as dry and itchy as before.

Mestiza

anky said:
BUMP!

I got a shower filter installed about 2 days ago (Home Depot, 19.95) and I feel a difference in my skin and hair. My hair is easier to detangle. I live in Arizona and the water is so hard that I could see the calcium. my hair feels softer and I have peace of mind knowing that I have less calcium deposit in my hair.

I would love to get one. I checked Wal-mart, but didn't see any and the sales persons told me that they don't sell them. :ohwell: What brand did you get? TIA :)

Amarech

I had to move because of hard water. It messed up my hair so bad I almost lost all of the progress I made on the 2005 Christmas Stretch challenge. I didn't even realize I was dealing with hard water until it was too late. I think I lost over an inch before I stopped washing my hair at home.

It got to the point where i was buying water to wash my hair. I will tell the detailed story later (its also the main reason for my 5 month hiatus).
Believe it or not, hard water will affect your hair, no matter how much you try to counter act it.

DulceKisses

High Fashion
I have been seriously contimplating purchasing the Jonathan purification system from Sephora. I watch his show Blowout on Bravo and know he is serious about hair and won't allow them to put out anything under his name that is any less than great. I took a shower at my aunts house with her water filter one time and my hair was very managable, shiny and bouncy.

Mestiza

anky said:
The brand is slimline, I think... www.homedepot.com
Alli77 said:
HoneyDew said:
This looks interesting. I may grab one.

There are some Vitamin c ones on ebay for $15. I wonder what is the difference.

http://stores.ebay.com/Vitashower_Vitamin-C-Shower-Filter_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Thanks for the sharing that info, ladies! :wink2: I hear that Slimline Shower Filter calling my name. :lol:

HoneyDew

DulceKisses said:
I have been seriously contimplating purchasing the Jonathan purification system from Sephora. I watch his show Blowout on Bravo and know he is serious about hair and won't allow them to put out anything under his name that is any less than great. I took a shower at my aunts house with her water filter one time and my hair was very managable, shiny and bouncy.

This one is also sold on Victoria's Secret website. It is too expensive I think.

MrsQueeny

I got a vitamin c filter from www.ronin-online.com . I also got the tabs to dechlorinate my kids bath. I have noticed my skin is not as ashy. Q

HoneyDew

queeny20 said:
I got a vitamin c filter from www.ronin-online.com . I also got the tabs to dechlorinate my kids bath. I have noticed my skin is not as ashy. Q

I did not like this. My hair felt hard after using it.

ashiah

I bought the Slimline filter from Lowes' a few weeks ago. It only cost about 20 bucks and took me 5 minutes to install (with no tools).

I haven't seen any change with my hair, but the skin? Wow! My skin is so soft. I also stopped washing my face in the sink and started washing it in the shower. My face is much clearer. :grin:

SouthernTease

I've been using a showerhead with a filter for over a year.
I bought mines from TARGET... for like $20... its amazing!!!
Don't SLEEP on the power of a shower filter.
I want one of those "rain forest" type showerheads...
well... one day...

favorc

I swear by one. I have the slimlime one from lowe's. I haven't had a tangle yet and I haven't had my relaxer ( haven't had one since march). That is unusal for me because I normanly get tangles after two months and I have been useing the same products. It is a geat investment I think.