shower filters

Shinka

I was researching on how our water is filled with all these impurities and how chlorine is drying for skin and hair.

Does anyone use a shower filter? Did you feel a difference? If so how much did it cost, brand?

Does anyone find one with a detachable shower head?

inthepink

I use a detachable shower filter. I think it does make a difference. My hair feels softer when I rinse with water. Plus, my skin is soft and moisturized before I put on lotion. I bought mine from cottonswow.com. The brand I bought is Royale. I got the all chrome handheld one and with shipping, it was about $55.

I got the Royale one too. The fitted shower head. Got it from thstore.com cost approx $50. I find the hair is def. softer. I still do a distilled water rinse as well as a final rinse.

Allandra

I plan on getting me a new shower head. I think I'm going to get the kind that has the hose attachment (seems as though it would be great for the hair and scalp).

inthepink

Allandra, did you ever get a shower filter?

I am pretty sure this has made a significant difference in the health of my hair. As I stopped using it the past few weeks, my hair has gotten dryer and dryer. I finally realized why...I think this is it. I had been procrastinating on replacing my filter (I removed it from my handheld b/c it seemed to need replacing.) I will have to look for the difference in the next week or so.

kitchen_tician

I know this is late. But yes, I use a shower filter and it makes a big difference. I've moved around a few times so I tend to notice the differences in water depending on the state/region. I grew up in Wash, DC and I love the water there or maybe my hair was just used to it. Then I moved to S. Carolina and I hated it and now I'm in Atlanta and I don't like their water either. What are your experiences?