SHOUT OUT TO LHCF...

ryanshope

Hi Goddess10177
Whoever told you that Arosci has a pH of 9.8 is clueless. This is NOT true. You’re absolutely right – the pH level in all hair relaxer products is pH 11 and higher. Yes, I still use Arosci, but it really doesn’t matter. The all use the same chemical ingredient and they all need to adhere to the FDA’s minimum guidelines. Some manufacturers use refined sodium hydroxide crystals others use less refined crystals. I prefer to use well established companies hair relaxer just because I feel more comfortable, that’s about it.

Generally, if a person is using sodium hydroxide (lye) relaxer or guanidine calcium (no lye) hydroxide or lithium hydroxide relaxer product, and if you want to have healthy looking hair; it is best to keep the hair short. A few inches below the ear line is good.

As for heat damage – Sure, everyone’s hair is receiving heat damage. As long as the person is using a blow-dryer and especially hot iron of course it is going to cause damage. You can minimize the damage by using heat protecting product, but there are NO miracles. I find ID.CARE Heat Silk Lotion is excellent for this purpose. ID.CARE leave-in heat silk lotion gently smoothes the cuticle, reduces friction from brushing and helps fortify hair that's prone to breaking, splitting or snapping off. Ceramide enters the cuticle layers to reinforce the hair structure and help repair damaged areas. Natural Lipids, like those found in the hair, help resurface the hair (think of a road that is bumpy and now repaired/resurfaced) leaving the cuticle shiny, smooth and protected.

Hair type is determined by its curl configuration. Check this site to determine your hair type http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hairtype.php

Redken’s All Soft line and Smooth Down is excellent products for chemically straightened and naturally curly hair. On a weekly basis, use Smooth Down Shampoo, All Soft Conditioner, All Soft Heavy Crème Treatment and once a month Extreme Deep Fuel is a good hair care regimen. As a leave-in Treatment, use All Soft Addictive, never mind the direction on the bottle, just spray 3 squirts (leave-in), and apply ID.CARE (leave-in) – Proceed with the styling technique of your choice.

----------
Steve Tcherkezian
TR & hair reconditioning expert
http://www.verticalsinhair.com
“Making your dreams of straight hair come true”
Zero BREAKAGE OR HAIR LOSS TOLERANCE

aileendq

"...and if you want to have healthy looking hair, it is best to keep the hair short..."

My hair is relaxed and 3 1/2 inches from brastrap. It IS healthy . (Note I didn't say "virgin" hair, because it's not.) In fact, there are quite a few ladies on this board who have gorgeous, healthy relaxed hair that is well below ear level.

It can be done. It takes a lot of effort, but it's doable. :)

Lovelylocs

yea... I dont buy the "short hair = healthy hair" bit either. It sounds like smthg one of the hating stylists would say. lol

MissYocairis

Lovelylocs said:
yea... I dont buy the "short hair = healthy hair" bit either. It sounds like smthg one of the hating stylists would say. lol

*lol* Okay? I had to re-read her statement because I thought I was not reading it correctly. LHCF is built on principals that fly right in the face of that outdated and DAMAGING concept. I am sorry but that is why I don't fool with salons. You never know what mindset is working on your crown and glory. She should take that nonsense back on up in the beauty shop and off LHCF. :look:

myco

:perplexed: Why would this person use LHCF as a reference guide, but then tell someone that they need to keep their hair short to keep it healthy?

Like an earlier poster said, LHCF flies directly in the face of that logic. So if you hair somehow happens to make it past the demarcation line of 2 inches below your ear, it is automatically unhealthy and needs to be cut off? :huh::crazy:

MissYocairis

myco said:
:perplexed: Why would this person use LHCF as a reference guide, but then tell someone that they need to keep their hair short to keep it healthy?

Like an earlier poster said, LHCF flies directly in the face of that logic. So if you hair somehow happens to make it past the demarcation line of 2 inches below your ear, it is automatically unhealthy and needs to be cut off? :huh::crazy:

Gurl, ain't no telling. It's nothing personal against her, but this kind of logic actually really, really irritates me because Black women have been duped and bamboozeled and tricked for YEARS about relaxers and our hair growth and hair health and it's done NOTHING but eat up our self-esteem. I mean, the ENTIRE cosmetology INDUSTRY has been misinformed and MISINFORMING US about what our hair can and cannot do and how we should care for it. It is a very sore subject and I don't appreciate someone coming up on LHCF with that crap. Take THAT back in the SALON where it is welcome.
:(

Jaelin

You guys are reading this wrong.

I don't think this is the poster's opinion. It looks like she copied and pasted in an email that she received from Steve Tcherkezian and he mentions in it that you can find a hair type chart on LHCF, hence the title being 'shoutout to LHCF.' His advice though should not necessarily be believed.

Lovelylocs

In that case, the LHCF should write him a letter and teach him a thing or two. We should ban him from making any more statements on black hair care until he is further educated.
I agree with Cantbecopied. The stuff that he says is irritating to hear.

MissYocairis

Lovelylocs said:
In that case, the LHCF should write him a letter and teach him a thing or two. We should ban him from making any more statements on black hair care until he is further educated.
I agree with Cantbecopied. The stuff that he says is irritating to hear.

Excellent point. Who is this Steve person anyway? I'm going to his website to send him an email.

MissYocairis

I've been to Steve's site. It appears as though his site and product and method are focused on people with 1a-3a hair. It doesn't appear that his product, the chinese straightening method, is for 3c-4b. With that in mind, I'm not even sure his comments can be directed to 3c-4b. Did anyone else visit his site and come up with something different?

aileendq

If it IS a quote from this Steve guy, then we should definitely send him an email with lots of pics of all you beautiful women with relaxed, longer-than-ear-length, HEALTHY hair!

And, BTW, I actually tried a thermal relaxer at one point. It broke my hair off! I also know women with 2b and 3a, b who tried it and also got their hair broken off. This stuff is no good, period.

MissYocairis

aileendq said:
And, BTW, I actually tried a thermal relaxer at one point. It broke my hair off! I also know women with 2b and 3a, b who tried it and also got their hair broken off. This stuff is no good, period.

:ohwell: Hmphf, well...this is enuff said for real then. We shouldn't even HAVE dude's Link nowhere on LHCF. The last thing we need is a product worse than creamy crack as an alternative!

ryanshope

This post was made to indicate the fact that someone REFERENCED..hence "a shoutout" to lhcf.com....I don't even know what the original post was about, but he credited lhcf as a place to find out about hair types...