Should I wait for a relaxer or get my hair cut now?

Latomian

I'm waiting about another four weeks until I'm about 12-14 weeks post to get a relaxer but my ends are in horrible shape.:cry: I put braids in my hair (Pre-LHCF) and didn't know I was also supposed to wash and condition. I seriously need to chop off around 3" and just have an even shoulder length and I haven't had a decent trim since (almost 6 mos).

Ok, so should I wait to get a relaxer in order to cut that hair off -or- should I go ahead and get it cut off now? There is not much more I can do for it at this point...yea, it's really that bad...but I don't know which would be a better option since I do have some new growth going on and it would have to be blow dried straight.

No, wait until you get a relaxer. When you get a relaxer and cut, the cut would be more even. Plus you wont cut off unnecessary length HTH:)

if ur cutting off that many inches then id say wait too. However, if u get that itch early, then ur gonna have to make sure ur roots and hair is suuuuper straight before u trim.

Have you deep conditioned with Emergencee or Aphogee in combination with hot coconut creme base or oil treatments first to try and bring back some condition to the ends first? Reason I say condition before cutting is that my hair was horrible...just horrid!!!! No joke. It still has a long way to go but it's so much better and I didn't cut. And I'd wait until the relaxer to get it cut. HOpe all goes well.

Wait until after your relaxer. The shrinkage from the new growth could be causing your ends to look stringy and uneven.

Glad you posted this question. I was wondering the same thing since, I need (or just want) a good trim to start the new year, but wasn't sure if I should wait until my next texlax.

I would wait, why don't you search for split ends, and cut only the hairs that are split. DC and use protein, baby your ends till your relaxer, and wait, if not you will end up cutting off too much

I say wait until you relax before you cut.. Your ends tend to look worst when you need a relaxer..

I would wait until after my t-up to trim or cut whatever you decide, but in the mean time DC and do a treatment to prepare the hair for the t-up.

Back