Should I embrace the black? hair color trauma (pics included)

Should I embrace the black or get this color fixed

• Other, please explain...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lynnerie

Ok here's the issue ladies.

I used to be in love with jet black hair I kept my relaxed hair jet black and I even colored my natural hair jet black. I used a black bigen rinse. (I know big mistake) :wallbash: But I never had issues with it on my relaxed hair and it even faded after several washes.

Well, I recently decided I wanted to play around with some color and I used a color called fine wine. Well it dyed my new growth but that was it. So I had reddish roots and black on the ends. So now my hair is growing out and I have black roots...a strip of red...and then black again. :blush:

I tried Color Oops and it didn't work for me it didnt even get the red out. Thank God I haven't had any texture changes or breakage from all this but as my hair grows out I fear that it will look a hot mess. You can't see the red unless I part my hair but its there and it bothers me. And as my hair grows out it will probably be more noticeable.

So what do you think I should do, I dont want to damage my hair.

Attached are some pics. The first 2 Pics are how my hair looks normally and the rest are when I part it.

Attachments

• IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1528.JPG
    IMG_1528.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 175

MissMeWithThatIsh

I would embrace it. Sometimes color fades as you wash it out over time.
Even when I dyed my hair black, it would turn reddish brown over and over.

So just enjoy it... and don't worry about it too much.

I actually think it looks hot.

Kawaii1

That needs some work. Can't you just dye over the red with a black rinse? Maybe something other hten bigen since it didn't take. Whatever you do don't get anymore black with names like blue black or plum black or you may have th same results. This reminds me of when my sister turned her hair koolaid purple trying to go black. I warned her..... it's still funny.

Denise11

Color oops worked great for me. It got the Bigen oriental black out.

Those products like color oops does NOT get colors like RED out. It says that on the box and in the instructions.

Tee

I was going to suggest Indigo also. Keep us updated.

OT: OP you are very pretty!

that_1_grrrl

Lol, I immediately thought of henna/indigo when I was reading the OP. I see 4 people already beat me to the punch. That way, it won't as damaging. Good luck.

Lynnerie

Color oops worked great for me. It got the Bigen oriental black out.

Those products like color oops does NOT get colors like RED out. It says that on the box and in the instructions.

Yeah I actually like the red tho. :grin: Maybe it did get the jet black out and I just can't tell cause my hair is off-back to begin with. :ohwell:

camilla

OK...i use to use bigen a lONG time ago on the reg it is not a rinsei back then we uned the uncolor ANYTHING than removes hair will be damaging:nono: my hair was blond and orange after you lift a color you have to deposit color back on the hair:wallbash: I did this only to cut from bsl to a bob because you hair will break all the protein in the world can not fix bleach and thats what alot of color correctors have in them:wallbash:

i would either use a black rinse or put the bigen black back in and WAIT for it all to lighted over time:grin:

KPH

House Head
oh my, i have that same exact issues right now. My roots are a pretty auburn but the rest of my hair is bigen black. I just wear it pulled back in a bun and am waiting until it decides to get itself together.

outspokenwallflower

Ahh, I see...Idk if this is old news, but the reason why the reddish color dyed your new growth and not the length of your hair is because color cannot lift color (a lighter color can't lift a darker color, which is why the rest stayed black). In order for it to be a whole uniform color, your hair color has to be natural (which is why your new growth took the color just fine) or you have to lighten hair that's been previously dyed dark, which of course is super damaging. I would agree w/ the recs about henna/indigo or a demi-permanent black rinse perhaps.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Ok here's the issue ladies.

I used to be in love with jet black hair I kept my relaxed hair jet black and I even colored my natural hair jet black. I used a black bigen rinse. (I know big mistake) :wallbash: But I never had issues with it on my relaxed hair and it even faded after several washes.

Well, I recently decided I wanted to play around with some color and I used a color called fine wine. Well it dyed my new growth but that was it. So I had reddish roots and black on the ends. So now my hair is growing out and I have black roots...a strip of red...and then black again. :blush:

I tried Color Oops and it didn't work for me it didnt even get the red out. Thank God I haven't had any texture changes or breakage from all this but as my hair grows out I fear that it will look a hot mess. You can't see the red unless I part my hair but its there and it bothers me. And as my hair grows out it will probably be more noticeable.

So what do you think I should do, I dont want to damage my hair.

Attached are some pics. The first 2 Pics are how my hair looks normally and the rest are when I part it.
:giggle: I made this mistake when I was about 14 years old. I died my hair black and then about 3 months later thought it was a good idea to die it red... I got red roots. :giggle:

I recommend you do a black temp rinse until you get more new growth to hide the red band. You have to decide if you want your hair red or black. If you want red be sure to only use temp color to hide your ring until it grows out more.

ETA: Inigo and Henna are good non-damaging solutions if you don't actually want to be red. If you want to grow into red eventually I would go with a temp rinse. Or just rock the red and black if you like it ...

Last edited: