Jet black color rinses

melodee

Do jet black color rinses leave a permanent stain on the hair or affect a color change later on down the road? I've been rinsing with a reddish or a brown color which doesn't really cover up my aged highlights enough. But a stylist told me that if I go jet black, I won't be able to highlight it in the future.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hmmm... I've had black rinses before (have one now actually) and they always wash out in a few weeks and my natural color shows up just fine.

Tracy

They are often permanent, yes. Not for everyone, no.

Unfortunately, the only way to find out that I know of is to do one.
If it matters a lot to you if it doesn't wash out....I'd leave it alone.

Karonica

I've had a black rinse before. It washed out some, but a few months later, it was mainly still there. That's what lead me to permanent dyeing, because the black never left. Same thing for people I know personally. The black barely left their heads.

Leslie_C

Tracy mentioned on another post that if your hair is very porous and u use a rinse that has peroxide or ammonia(some say they dont have them but its in another form) that your hair will soak up all the color and it wont wash out.

whitelily626

I use jet black rinses all the time,and they always rinse out. I use either Adore or The Beautiful Collection. Wish it could be permanent.

melodee

Thanks ladies. Tracy, i don't really mind if it stays. I am a natural brunette so the color would look natural, it's just that I probably may want highlights in about a year or so. whitelily, I haven't heard of Adore. SG, what brand of rinse is in your hair?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Mel and HR,

Right now I have a Cellophane (Sebastian), but in the past I have had both Jazzings and Fanciful.

H

HoneyRockette

I just bought a bottle of Jazzy semi-perm in jet black but I am having doubts. I am going to dye a little piece of hair in the back to see what happens. I wash my hair everyday so hopefully it will wash out completely. I just wanted to try something new for a while. The last time I got bored with my hair I cut twelve inches off! That ain't happening again!

miss_brown

Mine have always washed out, but it just took a while (i.e. a few months and not just the certain # of washes the bottle says). I've used Beautiful, Rage & React (
), and Adore.

melodee

Well, I just did a rinse in Black using "Kiss"semi-perm color. So far, so good. I have alot of shine and it toned down those frizzy, dry looking brass highlights on my ends. Now, to see how long it'll last. Anyone else use the Kiss product?

Cleo

Yes, I've used Kiss semi color a few times. I works pretty good, but doesn't last as long as I'd like.

AshCash

I used to use a blue-black (jazzing) rinse to cover up old highlights and it defintely stained my hair. When I used a color remover to get rid of the black some of my highlights were left a greenish-blue color. Not pretty!
Now I use Redken's Color Extend Conditioner
when my old lighter hair color is looking a little harsh and/or uneven with my roots. I love it because its moisturizing, covers well, and never stains my bathtub, skin, or clothes.

Britt

I have this black rinse in my hair since the beginning of March and to this day people still ask if I just dyed my hair. Its the darkest brown rinse on the Alfa Parf line I believe. This stuff ain't going nowhere. It was applied at a Dom. salon the same day I got a touch-up.