Should Christians have images of Jesus/God/Biblical Characters?

Mahalialee4

Mahalialee

A thousand times thanks for all that you have posted, I like the way you break things down. Please do not be discouraged, continue the good work.

God bless you in Jesus name.

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

You are welcome. But woe is me if I did not speak up when He wanted me to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people think that God is only going to "look at their heart". The Father is having the trumpet of warning sounded all around the world. Some have allowed the 'fear of man' to silence them. How can I love my people and not sound out when God says: "this time, speak!" Pray for me.

EZEKIAL 33:
1" Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: 3If when he SEETH the sword come upon the land, he BLOW the trumpet, and WARN the people; 4Then WHOSOEVER HEARETH THE SOUND OF THE TRUMPET, AND TAKETH NOT WARNING; if the sword come, and take him away, HIS BLOOD SHALL BE UPON HIS OWN HEAD. 5He heard the sound of the trumpet, and TOOK NOT WARNING; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. 6But IF THE WATCHMAN SEE THE SWORD COME, AND BLOW NOT THE TRUMPET, AND THE PEOPLE BE NOT WARNED; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but HIS BLOOD WILL I REQUIRE AT THE WATCHMAN'S HAND.
7So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. 8When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; BUT HIS BLOOD WILL I REQUIRE AT THINE HAND. 9Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked OF HIS WAY to turn from it; if he DO NOT TURN FROM HIS WAY, he shall die in his iniquity; but THOU HAS DELIVERED THY SOUL.

10Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how SHOULD we then live?

11Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked;
but that the wicked TURN FROM HIS WAY and live: turn ye, turn ye FROM YOUR EVIL WAYS; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

12Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL NOT DELIVER HIM IN THE DAY OF HIS TRANSGRESSION: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall THE RIGHTEOUS be able to live FOR HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS in THE DAY THAT HE SINNETH. 13When I shall say to the RIGHTEOUS, that he shall surely live; IF HE TRUST IN HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, and COMMIT INIQUITY, ALL HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS shall NOT BE REMEMBERED; but FOR HIS INIQUITY THAT HE HATH COMMITTED he shall die for it. 14Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right; 15If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die. 16None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

17Yet THE CHILDREN OF THY PEOPLE SAY, The WAY OF THE LORD IS NOT EQUAL: but as for them, THEIR WAY IS NOT EQUAL. 18When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth INIQUITY, he shall even die thereby. 19But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby. 20YET YE SAY, THE WAY OF THE LORD IS NOT EQUAL. O ye house of Israel, I WILL JUDGE YOU EVERYONE AFTER HIS WAYS. "

So Yes. It is that serious. To Him.

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

We can agree to disagree.
I think we all want to help each others in their walk, not just post what I need.

I know it's not a class, but there is a course named : I teach but are they listening?
It's not just about an assignment to be done, it's about edification.

[FONT=&quot]We can use suggestion from others to improve our attitude as a witness (also available for my person).[/FONT]

I appreciate what you are saying. I know you mean well and I do not overlook that. No person is an island. I appreciate the body. As for edification, not all will 'feel edified' if it is something that they personally are not tuned to. Christ said: "Let him that hath an ear, hear", to His messages. But He fulfilled His assignment. Not all liked what he said. Many wanted to kill him. And finally some did. But His Words have not lost their power. My goal is to lift up Christ and point men to Him and His ways. That may involve stepping on the 'spiritual' toes of some men.

There are times, when there is a deeper reason and responsibility. In this case if it was just about me, I would have kept silent and not posted the references. That way, I could have avoided anyone being offended or annoyed with the length and quantity of the material. But, it was not about me and what I wanted and what was best for me in the eyes of man. It boiled down to a choice: Please 'God' or 'man'. As I said, I have completed this assignment because the Scriptural principles stressed throughout my posts, throughout the forum, "who will you believe, whom will you serve"..."whom will you obey"...stand as a witness. That is my responsibility... That is my testimony... To bear witness to Christ. Remember.. "We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and 'by our testimony".

Revelation 12:11 "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by ...the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. ..".

Revelation 12: "17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Whether they are 'hearing or not', is not my responsibilty...speaking up when He leads me to, is. Being imperfect, and in need of his daily cleansing, just like everyone in the body of Christ, I try to walk in repentence and obedience, daily. He died for me. No one else did.

Last edited:

nathansgirl1908

That may involve stepping on the 'spiritual' toes of some men.

This seems to be an area of confusion that comes up a lot. Just because someone does not agree with your stance, or may think that you went overboard on how much you posted, it does not mean that you are stepping on spiritual toes. That amount of information is overwhelming and some of it was difficult to follow from the way it was posted. In addition, there is no real way of knowing the authenticity of those postings. They are not the definitive answer to everything.

Whether they are 'hearing or not', is not my responsibilty...speaking up when He leads me to, is. Being imperfect, and in need of his daily cleansing, just like everyone in the body of Christ, I try to walk in repentence and obedience, daily. He died for me. No one else did.
I definitely understand it when God commands or leads someone to do something. However I also know that sometimes we do things and claim that God is leading us to do it when really it is our own passion and zealous spirit leading us to do it. Would God want someone to post an overwhelming amount of information that is not exactly clear? From my personal experiences, I don't think so. Not to mention that at some point, from my perspective, the postings were less about being led by God, and more about showing the vast amount of information you had available to post. And when we are being led by god, it is never about us, but all about Him.

Mahalialee4

This seems to be an area of confusion that comes up a lot. Just because someone does not agree with your stance, or may think that you went overboard on how much you posted, it does not mean that you are stepping on spiritual toes. That amount of information is overwhelming and some of it was difficult to follow from the way it was posted. In addition, there is no real way of knowing the authenticity of those postings. They are not the definitive answer to everything.

I definitely understand it when God commands or leads someone to do something. However I also know that sometimes we do things and claim that God is leading us to do it when really it is our own passion and zealous spirit leading us to do it. Would God want someone to post an overwhelming amount of information that is not exactly clear? From my personal experiences, I don't think so. Not to mention that at some point, from my perspective, the postings were less about being led by God, and more about showing the vast amount of information you had available to post. And when we are being led by god, it is never about us, but all about Him.

You, like everyone else are entitled to your opinion on my motives.

As for amounts of information: God had a whole inspired BOOK written, for you and me..referred to by many as the Old and New Testament...by a variety of many writers, laid out in over 66 scrolls, referred to in Scripture as 'books'. Many find that amount of information overwhelming to get through and comprehend. So you would have to ask God, "What is too much information?"

Last edited:

nathansgirl1908

So Yes. It is that serious. To Him.

My point in saying that it wasn't that serious, is that people are getting tangled up over minute issues when there are much bigger issues going on to deal with in the spiritual realm. Yes, people should not worship an image. But if someone wants to have a picture of God in their house, as long as they don't worship the actual picture itself, I don't see the point in all the hoopla.

And once you have told people your thoughts, if you feel they aren't receiving it, then you are supposed to keep it moving and "shake the dust off your feet."

Mahalialee4

My point in saying that it wasn't that serious, is that people are getting tangled up over minute issues when there are much bigger issues going on to deal with in the spiritual realm. Yes, people should not worship an image. But if someone wants to have a picture of God in their house, as long as they don't worship the actual picture itself, I don't see the point in all the hoopla.

And once you have told people your thoughts, if you feel they aren't receiving it, then you are supposed to keep it moving and "shake the dust off your feet."

Nathan's Girl:
This is Especially For You. Because God loves you, consider all that is said.

Exodus 34:6 Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth”;
2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”

*****This is the Scripture you referred to: Matthew: 10:14 “And WHOSOEVER SHALL NOT RECEIVE YOU, NOR HEAR YOUR WORDS, ‘WHEN ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.” (I WILL COMMENT AT THE END)

DO YOU THINK THAT GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND TO WHOM HE IS SENDING HIS WORD?
Ezekial 2:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day. Ezekial 2:4 "I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.'
Ezekiel 3:7 yet the house of Israel WILL NOT BE WILLING TO LISTEN TO YOU, SINCE THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO LISTEN TO ME. Surely the whole house of Israel is STUBBORN AND OBSTINATE. Ezekiel 20:18 "I said to their children in the wilderness, 'DO NOT WALK IN THE STATUTES OF YOUR FATHERS OR KEEP THEIR ORDINANCES OR DEFILE YOURSELVES WITH THEIR IDOLS. Ezekiel 20:30 "Therefore, say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Will you defile yourselves after the manner of your fathers and play the harlot after their detestable things?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD WHILE HE MAY BE FOUND, call ye upon him WHILE HE IS NEAR: 7Let the wicked forsake HIS WAY, and the unrighteous man HIS THOUGHTS: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8For MY THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS, NEITHER ARE YOUR WAYS MY WAYS; saith the LORD.”
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY WAYS HIGHER THAN YOUR WAYS , and MY THOUGHTS THAN YOUR THOUGHTS.
Romans 10:21 But as for Israel He says, "ALL THE DAY LONG I HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HANDS TO A DISOBEDIENT AND OBSTINATE PEOPLE."
Isaiah 65:2 "I have spread out My hands ALL DAY LONG to a rebellious people, Who WALK IN THE WAY WHICH IS NOT GOOD, FOLLOWING THEIR OWN THOUGHTS,”
2 Chronicles 36:15 And the Lord, the God of their fathers, sent word to them by his servants, sending EARLY AND FREQUENTLY because he had PITY ON HIS PEOPLE and ON HIS LIVING SPACE;

Jeremiah 25:3 "From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah, even to this day, these TWENTY THREE YEARS the word of the LORD has come to me, and I have spoken to you AGAIN AND AGAIN, but YOU HAVE NOT LISTENED.
Proverbs 1:24 24Because I HAVE CALLED, AND YE REFUSED; I HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HAND,, and NO MAN REGARDED; 25But ye have SET AT NOUGHT ALL MY COUNSEL, and WOULD NONE OF MY REPROOF
26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27When YOUR FEAR COMETH, as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when DISTRESS AND ANGQUISH. 28THEN SHALL THEY CALL UPON ME,, BUT I WILL NOT ANSWER; THEY SHALL SEEK ME EARLY, BUT THEY SHALL NOT FIND ME:
29For that THEY HATED KNOWLEDGE, and DID NOT CHOOSE THE FEAR OF THE LORD: 30 THEY WOULD NONE OF MY COUNSEL: THEY DESPISED ALL MY REPROOF. 31 THEREFORE SHALL THEY EAT OF THE FRUIT OF THEIR OWN WAY, , and be filled with their own devices. 32For THE TURNING AWAY OF THE SIMPLE SHALL SLAY THEM, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Ecclesiastes 8:11 “Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.”
Ezekiel 7:26 Disaster will come upon disaster and rumor will be added to rumor; then they will seek a vision from a prophet, but the law will be lost from the priest and counsel from the elders.
Psalm 74:9 We do not see our signs; There is no longer any prophet, Nor is there any among us who knows how long.
Ezekial 7:26 “Trouble shall come upon trouble, and rumour upon rumour, and they shall seek a vision of the prophet, and the law shall perish from the priest, and counsel from the ancients.”

Ecclesiastes 8:11 “Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.”
Romans 2:4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

This is the Scripture you referred to: Matthew: 10:14 “And WHOSOEVER SHALL NOT RECEIVE YOU, NOR HEAR YOUR WORDS, ‘WHEN YE DEPART OUT OF THAT HOUSE OR CITY, shake off the dust of your feet.”

This is the part, you also have to remember: 10” And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place …”
TILL YE DEPART…now as you see clearly stated in my posts… that I completed what I had to share with the Ladies in this thread, why are you wanting to continue a debate re: hat has already been totally clarified and continuing to pursue something that is 'so much hoopla to you?'

God allows us to choose, choose what we want and have our own way. I shared what I was supposed to share, as MANY TIMES and AS MANY PLACES. If you do not want to hear, maybe God has someone is mind who will, and not consider the information a burden. Now, since I have already stated that I HAVE COMPLETED what was required, you may consider that I have shaken the dust off of my feet and leave your choices to you. But it was done in God’s time, not our time. That is the WAY HE WORKS.

Now, it would be good to let me leave the matter where it was and is. I have nothing more to add to you or anything that I have said here.

Last edited:

nathansgirl1908

This is Especially For You. Because God loves you.

I am always amazed at how people say this, but it sounds like condemnation and chastisement when they say it. I will be honest, I don't think your motive is pure in saying this. It reeks of superiority. I am very well aware of God's love. I don't need you to tell me that He loves me. :yep:

This is the Scripture you referred to: Matthew: 10:14 “And WHOSOEVER SHALL NOT RECEIVE YOU, NOR HEAR YOUR WORDS, ‘WHEN YE DEPART OUT OF THAT HOUSE OR CITY, shake off the dust of your feet.”

This is the part, you also have to remember: 10” And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place …”

And yet again you posted a vast amount of scripture in here. As a result your post was difficult to read and follow. Not to mention that I have a Bible and can read my scripture. Not sure why you have to cut and paste whole passages. I'm not even sure where you were trying to go with it.

TILL YE DEPART…now as you see clearly stated in my posts… that I completed what I had to share with the Ladies in this thread, why are you wanting to debate what has already been totally clarified.
Nothing has been clarified. You have to understand that simply because YOU say that God led you to write this stuff, it doesn't mean that we have to accept what you say as the definitive answer. I am choosing to walk my own walk, and it works for me. I firmly believe that it is okay to have those images. I know people who have ALWAYS had pictures of God in their house. All of them are about the kingdom business and you can see God's blessing and presence in their lives. If these people were worshiping graven images as you accuse, I don't think for one minute they would be as blessed or as secure as they are in their spiritual walk because God doesn't play that. at ALL.

God allows us to choose, choose what we want and have our own way. I shared what I was supposed to share, as MANY TIMES and AS MANY PLACES. If you do not want to hear, maybe God has someone is mind who will, and not consider the information a burden. Now, since I have already stated that I HAVE COMPLETED what was required, you may consider that I have shaken the dust off of my feet and leave your choices to you. But it was done in God’s time, not our time. That is the WAY HE WORKS.

Now, it would be good to let me leave the matter where it was and is. I have nothing more to add to you or anything that I have said here.

I think this is best because you have an attitude that you are the only one who is hearing from the Lord on this subject.

Guitarhero

I just wish to say that my previous reactions were from pain of being accused of following something false. This is the christianity I chose. It makes perfect sense and I see the connections between Judaism and it. I don't expect others to support it but I do expect respect and that goes for everyone in my circle. I give them respect, they should afford me the same.

My family is also very Jewish and/or Jewishly descended and were persecuted, having their identity stripped and spat upon. So, walking this walk is a very difficult struggle. Seeing another Black person do this and claiming it is biblical is beyond comprehension (OT). When I read that tirade against who was considered legitimate Jews and not, I was angry. When I explained why I have icons, it wasn't to make anyone believe, it was an explanation on why, backed with scripture - and then the negativity as though we are paganistic idiots.

All we have to do is put ourselves in another's shoes. If we are honest about this walk with the Lord, it should not be hard to understand. I pray that my reasons for responding and explaining are accepted as sincere and comprehended. Jesus and His whole family, friends, disciples, all Jewish and they weren't all Black. The church is ancient and we ALL belonged to it, one body. Sometimes, we need to step outside ourselves to see the humanity God gave us rather than attempting to to heap any kinds of glories upon ourselves ("they're not the true Jews but we are") that simply are not ours to embellish ourselves with. It's all about respect. That's the bible in a nutshell...just do to others like you wish others would do to you. Peace and love, shalom b' ahava. I hope we can all be true friends and uplift one another.

Last edited:

Galadriel

Also consider that God instructed images of angels (seraphim) to be placed at the corners of the tabernacle--the seat upon which He literally was present. And let's not forget the bronze serpent that God instructed Moses to make so that those Israelites who were bitten and fallen ill would look upon the bronze serpent and be healed.

Both of these have something in common--they are used in the New Testament later as references, symbols, or precursors to Christ. Christ is the tabernacle , the Holy of Holies which was destroyed and then resurrected in three days. Like the bronze serpent, he was lifted up (crucifixion) and as a result brought healing/salvation.

Images aren't bad. God Himself used them. They're meant to point to certain truths and understandings. It's only a bad thing when you put an image in place of God or over God, like how some people worship money or "mammon" over worshiping God.