One for us short haired sistaz

Im considering doing no heat for the rest of this challenge. That would be huge for me, I am a big heat user.
i on the othre hand am scared sh*tless of using heat, i just got my hair soft am=nd manageble i dont want to ruin it. maybe next year

i guess i dont really have a rock solid regimen yet either i jus try and listen to my hair as it tells me what it needs i hardly ever use protien and i cowash about everyother day, i have lots of products to many to list but i will dc atleast twice a week. ive upped my water andprotien intake, also im getting better with my vits so well see! hhj

Need to figure out how to upload pics. Took one Saturday after I relaxed my hair. I stretched for roughly 20 weeks. I am in the process of fine tuning my regime. So far, this is what is working for me.

Pre-poo with light protien and oil (EVCO, Walnut, Wheat Germ or Avocado) up to an hour
Wash with moisturizing shampoo
Instant conditioner for a couple of minutes
DC with creamy type conditioner, oil and shine drops with heat at minimum 15 minutes
Apply leave-in and seal the hair with oil and Softee Mango hair grease on ends only.

Have recently purchased some neem, amla and vatika oils. Trying to find a way to work them into the regime.

i on the othre hand am scared sh*tless of using heat, i just got my hair soft am=nd manageble i dont want to ruin it. maybe next year

Lol. And I'm scared sh*tless of not using it. I'm 4b w/fine fragile strands, and almost all natural, I'm afraid my hair is going to tangle so bad that it will break off.

been keeping hair moisturized almost moist and covered under my satin cap in platts. its ugly but it aint breaking

Currently have flat twists in the front and single twists in the back.
Wednesday -- convert flat twists to single twists
Thursday nite -- twists out single twists for a twist out on Friday
Friday/Sat -- twists out
Sat nite -- Going to try my 1st roller set with curlformers using Taliah Wajiid kinks and curls

I will try to take a picture Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

im one week into the crown and glory method i havent washed or even cowashed this week only moisturizing and sealing
using some biolage and castor oil

I did set my hair using the curlformers and it came out very straight even with my 4a/4b texture. It was also very soft. However, my ends are still really dry and frizzy so not picture worthy. So I combed it out to a blown out fro and it was huge.

I deep conditioned under a steam cap for 2+ hours, used kimmay leave-in and now its back up in two strand - twists.

Oh well. Maybe I can rock a new style next month. :ohwell:

A little late starting:
currently between ear and chin length.
Wearing braids for protection and increase length.
Co-wash weekly and moisturize daily with
diluted carefree gold.
Have pics after I took braids out; but do not know
how to upload the pics.

I think I may be seeing some progress.
--detangled with V05/water mix.
--DCd using a blend of left over conditioners I wanted to get rid of and the last of a bottle of Nubian Silk growth oil. Left that on for at least an hour.
--shampooed with CD Sea moss shampoo and HydraThermal Moisturizing shampoo.
--DCd again with HydraThermal moisturizing conditioner, covered that with an oil blend and covered that with Roux Moisture Retention Conditioner.
--sat under a heat cap for 20 minutes and rinsed.
--used Kimmay's Leave In and sealed with my oil blend.

I actually think my porosity issue is getting better. My hair retained the water the entire time I put in my twists. My hair usually dries out within 3 minutes of rinsing. And my ends felt much better. I was actually able to put in large twists and twists fully to the bottom.

So tomorrow I will try to wear my 1st twist out after a shampoo. Hopefully it will be a success and I will have pictures this time.

I think i may be seeing some progress as well my hair is now braided under my wig where it hAS BEEN SINCE 9/29 and im going to try and keep it that way until mid november. i moisturize daily and co wash once a week now i have cut back o cowahse since starting this challenge ill know by the end if this has been a good thing or not:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok I wore my 1st twist out Saturday which I thought was ok. Unfortunately I don't think you can see it in the pictures. From the pics it just looks like a mass of hair. :ohwell: I knew I would put it up into kinky twists so I used kimmay leave in and oil to seal. Otherwise i would have used some type of butter to soften it up some. At least I know I can wear a twist out if I wanted to do a mid week cowash.
10092010_1TO.jpg

This is my attempt to do a length check. I have a bad habit of tilting my head.
10092010_2TO.jpg

And I installed my 1st set of kinky twists Sunday night. They are a little spacey but for my 1st time I am happy with it. If I can get better at starting them I will be wearing these a lot. 4 hours and $180 at the salon vs. 6 hours and $15 at home. I think the decision is easy. :yep:
IMG_0829.JPG

im down! im in thje BC to waist length challenge too but i think this one is better b/c neck length to shoulder length isnt as dramatic as neck length to waistlength and it seems more realistic an attainable as a short term goal... i have in a weave but i think i have about 5.5 inches of hair stretched

161di01.jpg

8z0luc.jpg

Hi,
Happy to see this challenge as so many of the ladies here have very long hair already.

I'm new here, just getting my regimen down (after longterm hair neglect). My short-term goal is to get to even SL. I'm anywhere from 7 1/4 to 8 3/4 inches, stretched.

I want to join! This is where I am now

PA060011-vi.jpg

My regimen is as follows:

Relax every 11to 13 weeks
Shampoo and DC once a week before getting net weave installed
Moisturise daily
Two to Three weeks after relaxing, get net weave installed for 8 to 9 weeks
While in weave, shampoo and DC entire head every 10 to 14 days
Shampoo and DC leave out every week. Apply heat protectants and flat iron to blend leave out
After removing weave, wait at least a week until next relaxer.

Last edited:
My regimen in a nutshell consists of:
DC two times a week
Cowashing
Sealing with carrot oil
Drinking only water and tea
Exercise
Sew ins, braids, and buns

I'll join!! I think the length of my hair is comparable to yours (from what you described) and I am currently working toward SL. Hoping to claim it by my one year BC-anniversary! :grin:

Here's what my hair looks like now. (blown out and lightly flat ironed)

100_1483-vi.jpg

This is about neck length right?

Woah! Shrinkage is a monster! I had no idea your hair was that long!

I'm in. I wear a cornrows under a wig and have done since December. Reggie:
I DC 1-2x a week with the cornrows in
3-4x a week I moisturise with JBCO
Shampoo maybe every 3 months

That's about it. My siggy is my current lengthish - I don't think my hair has grown much. I'm a sloooow grower.

I'm checking in just because I feel like I haven't been here in a while. Still have my hair in kinky twists so not doing much. Making sure to keep my hair moisturized and sealed even with the kinky twists.

How's everyone else doing?

Is it too late for me to join?

I just BC'd this past weekend so my hair is super shorrrrt! I think I have about 3.5 inches of hair on my head lol. I'm barely ear length when unstretched, but mid ear length when stretched. So, I guess my goal is neck length?

I would like to join this challenge if it's not too late.... I bc'd in march of this year to start over with a new head of healthy hair....

Will attach pics of my bc in March, then August when I took down my braids and now when I got briads again..

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 344.jpg
    344.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I would like to join this challenge if it's not too late.... I bc'd in march of this year to start over with a new head of healthy hair....

Will attach pics of my bc in March, then August when I took down my braids and now when I got briads again..

not to LATE WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK

Only two weeks and took my kinky twists out. They were real loose and I was missing my hair. Hopefully next time I can put them in tighter. But it looks like things are coming along well.

I kept my hair really moisturized and sealed for the two weeks so taking the braids out was easy. Detangling was also easy. Detangled with conditioner water mix. Washed with HT moisture shampoo, followed with CD Moss moisture shampoo. My hair felt really good. I used the buffering method and applied Suave conditioner on top of the shampoo before rinsing out. It really seemed to make a difference because my hair did not feel dry when I rinsed. I then applied Roux Porosity Conditioner and HT Moisture Conditioner and sat under the heat cap for an hour. When I rinsed it out my hair felt like it was improving in moisture. I then did my 1st ACV and rinsed with cool water. Not sure about that but figured I would give it a try. My hair and my ends in general are feeling better.

I let my hair dry a bit and then applied Kimmays leave-in. I’m not sure it is working for me but it isn’t hurting. I put in some twists to let it dry a little further. Making a MJ pudding substitute to put in some twists. Thanks to Nonie I think I might have figured out how to improve my twists. We shall see.

Back