One for us short haired sistaz

lamaria211

One for us short haired sistaz growth CHALLENGE!!!!!

anyone want to start a el to nl challenge or a nl to sl challenge. I bc in april and i dont really think what i have qualifies as a twa ive got about 3-5 inches of natural unstretched hair. soo anyone feel like they are in the same boat can take this looong walk with me. i dont no much aboutheading challenges but with some help i think we could all do it together!:feedback:

Last edited:
I'll join!! I think the length of my hair is comparable to yours (from what you described) and I am currently working toward SL. Hoping to claim it by my one year BC-anniversary! :grin:

Here's what my hair looks like now. (blown out and lightly flat ironed)

100_1483-vi.jpg

This is about neck length right?

I want to join. I'm currently growing out my relaxed hair and will BC in December. I will probably be NL by that time so a NL to SL challenge would be fun. :)

count me in! I'm not sure my hair length I have not done a real length check. When I pull my hair on the sides my hair is ear length. So if we are posting our starting length I will go with ear length. When do we need to reach our goal by? Do you want us to post our regis? starting pic? How often do we do length checks? Sorry for all the questions just trying to help you out. :)

I'll join!! I think the length of my hair is comparable to yours (from what you described) and I am currently working toward SL. Hoping to claim it by my one year BC-anniversary! :grin:

Here's what my hair looks like now. (blown out and lightly flat ironed)

100_1483-vi.jpg

This is about neck length right?

My hair is the EXACT same length. I wanna be SL by April. But that may be asking too much.

Re: One for us short haired sistaz challenge!!!!!

great ladies happy to see so many of us want to join this challenge, as i stated this would be the first challenge that i am heading so forgive me if i steal rules from other challenges.:grin:

THIS CHALLENGE RUNS FROM SEPT 20 2010 THRUGH feb 20 2011

rules of the challenge are real simple Do whatever you have to do to make it to the next level if your el than your challenge is to be nl by the end and if your nl you should try to reach sl by the end. 2 pictures required a starting pic and a finishing pic, Please try and report in atleast 3 times a month and if and when you see progress tell us what your doing.:lick: i wish everyone who joins luck and a hhj:spinning:

challengers
sianna
evallusion
diadall
ravengirl
lovelylocks
smilesrcontaguos
pookaloo

Last edited:
I would like to join. Woo Hoo - This will be my first challenge. I have various levels going on between EL and SL. I want to have the majority of my hair SL after I trim the ends.

I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you ladies.

I will take a starting pic this weekend.

Good luck, ladies! I started my hair journey at with my hair around ear/nape length. Now I'm at APL, approaching BSL :)....you guys will do great.

I love to support anyone with short hair. Right now, I believe my sides are below ear level and my nape just above mid neck level. I'm in so many challenges, I can't even count them!:lol:

Im in. I am in the SL 2010 challenge, but my hair is so layered, that I doubt all the layers I want to make it will make it. I want to be full NL by end of this year- for me that means ALL the back layers cover up my neck. I don't like having a "tail", so I will probably be trimming that nape hair every so often while the other back layers are catching up.

I am wearing my hair straight next wknd, so I can post a pic then.

I'm thinking I can maybe for real claim SL by April 2011. Then be grazing APL by the end of 2011.

Last edited:
I want to join but I'm not earlength yet LOL. I have about 1 inch of hair. I hope this starts next year then :p I should be okay by December

Re: One for us short haired sistaz challenge!!!!!

great ladies happy to see so many of us want to join this challenge, as i stated this would be the first challenge that i am heading so forgive me if i steal rules from other challenges.:grin:

THIS CHALLENGE RUNS FROM SEPT 20 2010 THRUGH JAN 20 2010

rules of the challenge are real simple Do whatever you have to do to make it to the next level if your el than your challenge is to be nl by the end and if your nl you should try to reach sl by the end. 2 pictures required a starting pic and a finishing pic, Please try and report in atleast 3 times a month and if and when you see progress tell us what your doing.:lick: i wish everyone who joins luck and a hhj:spinning:

challengers
sianna
evallusion
diadall
ravengirl
lovelylocks
smilesrcontaguos
pookaloo
knaughtygurl
raqkie
faithful
liloneonpc
solitude
ddtelaxed
imani.... happy to have you all

ladies i want us to discuss not only what helps us along our hhj but our obstacles and set backs to so we can all learn.....

Good luck, ladies! I started my hair journey at with my hair around ear/nape length. Now I'm at APL, approaching BSL :)....you guys will do great.

thanks so much for that b sure to check in on us as well im sure there will be lots of questions u can answer for us. TIA

Solitude - How long ago did you start your hair journey?

Thanks for the encouragement.

faithVA I started growing my hair two years ago, in July/August 2008. I had a stylist cut off all my broken ends, and I did rollersets since my hair was so short, that was all I could do. I went to a stylist to get them done until I learned how to do them myself and alternated by wearing a wet bun under a phony pony. It took me a year to reach SL, and then another few months to reach APL. I think my progress would have been faster if I would have protected my ends more, but I wore my hair out a lot. I also trimmed every 4-6 months.

knaughtygurl
raqkie
faithful
liloneonpc
solitude
ddtelaxed
imani.... happy to have you all

lamaria211 - sorry for the confusion - I'm not in the challenge! I'm just checking in for support!

I was going to post my starting photo but I can't figure it out. I tried to create an album but I don't seem to have permission. For now I am going to use my siggy as my starting photo. :ohwell:

:thatsall:the challenge has officially started but its never to late to join all starting pics should be posted no later than this week. GOOD LUCK. hhj

I want to join. I am at about nl right now.

I have no idea how to post pics now. My avatar pic is current.

Here's my starting regimen if you want to call it a regimen. Still figuring out what works for me.

I prepoo with coconut oil at least an hour before
Ht Shampoo
Roux Mositure Conditioner (heat cap 10 minutes)
HT Conditioner (DC 15 minutes)
HT Follicle Spray, Leave-In Conditioner, Moisturizer

After the moisturizer its up in the air. My hair at this point doesn't retain moisture so I do a LOT of layering. It's getting better but its slow.

I plan to work with the above for at least 3 more weeks and then put in kinky twists or ? I now wear two strand twists but my hair stays so soft they don't last for more than 48 hours. Any moisture to my hair and my twists unravel.

On my journey to SL I hope to
1. figure out my regimen
2. correct my porosity issue
3. retain moisture
4. figure out how to keep my twists for a week

Im considering doing no heat for the rest of this challenge. That would be huge for me, I am a big heat user.

Back