Short Hair Attention Span... Anyone else?

purplepeace79

Ok, ladies, I'm the WORST when it comes to keeping a style. I literally get bored so quickly! It's the Aries in me. Thats why I keep my hair natural because I personally feel there are more styling options (curly, straight, wild fro, etc)

I can spend 10 hours putting in braids and in a week, be ready to take them out and do something different. I can't keep kinky twists in for longer than 3 weeks, 4 at the very most. I dont need to do my hair daily, but usually after a week, I'm ready for something new.

How the hell do I overcome this so I can keep my manipulation as low as possible?

Anyone else suffer from this? What are your experiences?

Aviah

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
I just braid once a week. I get the low manipulation I need, and the style change I want 4x p/m!

PPGbubbles

Gurlllllll thank you for this post!!!!!

I was starting to feel crazy... I cant keep the same weave, braids, kinky twist, etc past 3 weeks!

This week alone I was in a high bun for 3 days... now I have a braidout updo with a hair zing lmao and I give this a good 2-3 days lol

It was doing the Protective Style for the last 3 months challenge that made me realize how much style ADD I have! I have NO problems with PSn ( I usually PS unconsiously b/c I dont like hair to touch my neck) I just HAVE to change up the style.

At first I was being really hard on myself but I treat my hair like fine silk so I rarely see breakage.... Ima just go with the flow and do what makes me happy....which is to change styles lmao

My length is being retained and my hair is thick and happy....So if it aint broke don't fix it lol

Last edited:

purplepeace79

Yeah its a mess. For me, its more a reflection of my personality. I get bored with people, places, and things really quick!!

I just washed my braids and I'm looking in the mirror like "I want to take these out now"

10 hours of work. 2+ more hours to take them down. Whats wrong with me? Each day its a battle to leave them in and leave them alone

It does NOT help that I just received all of the hair products I ordered on Black friday *grumble*

I'm trying to get these to stay in at least until January 15, then I can say I went over a month. I dont feel bad removing extensions if they've been in for a month.

funny thing is, when I used to pay to get them done, it wasnt as bad. I could go 5-6 weeks. But since I do it myself, I dont feel like money is being wasted lol

I think thats why I know I cant do a sewn in weave or something. I'd wanna kill myself after 2 weeks.

PPGbubbles

Yeah its a mess. For me, its more a reflection of my personality. I get bored with people, places, and things really quick!!

I just washed my braids and I'm looking in the mirror like "I want to take these out now"

10 hours of work. 2+ more hours to take them down. Whats wrong with me? Each day its a battle to leave them in and leave them alone

It does NOT help that I just received all of the hair products I ordered on Black friday *grumble*

I'm trying to get these to stay in at least until January 15, then I can say I went over a month. I dont feel bad removing extensions if they've been in for a month.

funny thing is, when I used to pay to get them done, it wasnt as bad. I could go 5-6 weeks. But since I do it myself, I dont feel like money is being wasted lol

I think thats why I know I cant do a sewn in weave or something. I'd wanna kill myself after 2 weeks.

I soooooo agree with the bolded

Mannnnn Cyber Monday got Me and I wanna play in all my new hair toys!!!

And I feel you on self styling... I do all my own braids, weaves, and kinky twist so its no loss to me if I change the style. In that way im kind of my own worst enemy lol