Anyone else over-moisturized easily?

irisak

So I have finally figured out that if I want to keep my strands happy, I have to use protein constantly. I just did a touch up, I even included the mid-step protein, and then followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. Today I noticed my hair felt off, it was soft, but something was off about it. I washed it with ORS creamy aloe, so I know it was clean, and when I was ringing the water out of my hair, I realized it felt gummy and mushy. I did wear my hair straight all this week, but after the moisturizer I used to rollerset, and the moisturing dc, I didn't add anything else to my hair but a little grapeseed oil all week. Does anyone else have protein happy hair? I understand my hair needs protein, but I can't seem to adjust to the extra strength which= not as soft at least while wet. Do I have to give up moisturizing dcs all together or stop moisturizing and sealing during the week?

I guess one plus is I figured out why I wasn't retaining before......too much moisture.

Me me meeee!! :wavey: Weekly hard proteins keep my hair happy. My hair actually feels the best the day after I DC with my Mega Tek mix. Curls better, and everything.

Last edited:
Okay so today I used and egg beaten into Main and Tail, and full fat plain yogurt (didn't feel like going to the BSS. Does that count as hardcore protein or do I need something stronger?

Okay so today I used and egg beaten into Main and Tail, and full fat plain yogurt (didn't feel like going to the BSS. Does that count as hardcore protein or do I need something stronger?

I've never tried food proteins...I use proteins like Keratin, MT, Aphogee, etc. I know my hair is overmoisturized when it starts feeling dry, and crunchy. Or when I start seeing split ends, or breakage.

My hair is super protein-happy.

I do weekly protein treatments using Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner.

I don't know if my hair gets all the moisture it needs when I moisturize before bed but my hair loves strong protein. Conditioners like ApHogee 2 min and AO GPB make my hair soft.

I think ORS Deep Conditioner Pak and maybe Motions Protein left my hair feeling strong.

I'm w/ you. We're the Protein-Happy Hair Crew.

BTW: I started mixing JBCO w/ my DC. I still get the strength from but I guess once my hair dries, the CO residue left over leaves my hair soft.

Sounds like it to me.....all the ingredients are good. All 3 proteins should give you a heavy treatment.

MrsJaiDiva said:
I've never tried food proteins...I use proteins like Keratin, MT, Aphogee, etc. I know my hair is overmoisturized when it starts feeling dry, and crunchy. Or when I start seeing split ends, or breakage.
MrsJaiDiva that's usually how my hair tells me it needs protein too. This is the first time it ever felt gummy.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Back