Short Curly Bob

itismehmmkay

So, I plan on getting my 4-5 inches of natural hair mildly-relaxed/texturized and then shaped into a short bob. Is there anyone here who has this style or who has pictures of such a look. I need to be able to convey to my future stylist what I want. Thanks!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Sorry, can't be of any help but just wanted to say that I think this would be SO cute.
Have fun!

blue_flower

I don't have any pictures, but I do remember this girl in one of my classes having that style before. It seemed like all she did was wet it and put gel in it. It looked really nice.

itismehmmkay

Yes! That's all I want to do to it.......just wash and go!

The only thing that I'm worried about is that I only have 4 inches.......so that's a shorter bob than normal for curly hair. I'm trying to picture how it would look. Of course you see that length on straight hair....but..........with curly hair it'll really look like a 2-3 inch bob.

You know?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I think I had 4-6" last year (5/31/03 picture in the gallery) with a texturizer. It was still tightly curled and looked a lot shorter, but not as short as it would if I was natural. I was able to wash n' go without applying a lot of products or manipulation to achieve a hairstyle.

blue_flower

[ QUOTE ]
itismehmmkay said:
Yes! That's all I want to do to it.......just wash and go!

The only thing that I'm worried about is that I only have 4 inches.......so that's a shorter bob than normal for curly hair. I'm trying to picture how it would look. Of course you see that length on straight hair....but..........with curly hair it'll really look like a 2-3 inch bob.

You know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's how long her bob was (4 inches). She always wore it curly, so I don't know how long the top part would've been if it were straightened. But her bob didn't look like the pictures someone posted. Her curl pattern was much tighter. Before she had gotten her hair cut in a bob, it was shoulder length and she would wear her hair in these pretty twists.

I had a bob before too, but I never wore my hair natural in it's curly state. I would always straighten it every week. I'm surprise it still grew! When I had went to the salon to get my hair cut, the stylist convinced me to not get the back of my haid cut to close to my scalp because it wouldn't grow back nicely. I think she left 2 inches in the back.

alibi

hair bored
Sounds cute! Let me know how it goes, b/c I'm going to be doing a similar style around New Year's.

SoniT

My hair is cut in a bob and I wear it curly sometimes. It's cut in a bob that's shorter in the back and longer in the front. When I wear it curly, I get it set on flexi-rods. It's really cute, especially after the curls fall.

model_chick717

You could take a peek at my album. I've had texturized hair and kept it at a curly-length that was above my shoulders for a WHILE, so there are some pics of that. I've since have been letting my hair grow out...