has anyone texturized over a relaxer

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i know you arent supposed to overlap the two chemicals but i want to know
if anyone has texturized over mildly relaxed or textlaxed hair. i already anticipate the :spank: for asking but i want to know

I was always under the impression that using a texurizer over a relaxer will just make the hair straighter. hence, a corrective relaxer.:confused:

-A

msportugal said:
i know you arent supposed to overlap the two chemicals

:confused: A texturizer is a relaxer, so they are the same chemical. (Unless you are asking about lye over no-lye or vice versa.)

i'm talking ammonium bisulfite or ammonium thioglycolate vs sodium hydroxide i have a phyto on my hair that is severely underprocessed and i just dont think using a relaxer to texturize works for me i never get the curls or looser coils i want its either super shrinkage or straight

dont make me bring back the jheri curl in this piece

I think that you should try a mild lye relaxe (i.e. Silk Elements). I underprocessed my hair earlier this year with Phyto as well- my hair basically laughed at it. In order to keep your curl formation intact you should try to use a protein filler on your hair before you relax to maintain your curl's integrity. To fully get rid of underprocessed hair you have to be able to fully process your hair to get the desired texturized look.

Generally you cannot mix a lye/nolye and ammonium bisulfite or ammonium thioglycolate on the same strands of hair. I do not recommend doing this at all. Meanwhile, I thought you were going back to natural?

Arcadian said:
I was always under the impression that using a texurizer over a relaxer will just make the hair straighter. hence, a corrective relaxer.:confused:

-A

So did I! But I used motions lye over ors no-lye hoping for a corrective and it texlaxed the bone straight hair!!!! How that happened, only god knows, its been hell for the past 2 years, but if texlaxed hair is what you want, go for motions salons herbal....

Back