Shedding when do you notice it the most?

girlyprincess23

For some reason my hair has been shedding a LOT lately and im trying to figure out why?? I was wondering could it be that i have almost 4 months worth of new growth, the cold weather, my MN mix or vatika oil? Because i have no idea and the aphogee isn't stopping it like it usually does and frankly i'm getting scared of the little clumps that come out when i detangle and the strands that come out when i wash or even touch it! has anyone experienced this and does anyone have ANY solutions. i don't want to be bald when i finally get a touch up!!

My hair sheds the most when it doesn't have enough moisture or when I haven't been using a protein deep conditioner. When the balance is right I can comb my hair every day and only get a few strands in the comb. But finding the right products is a lot of trial and error.

girlyprincess23

hmmm could be, i haven't been eating so great, but i do keep it very moisturized. Maybe it's breakage from not relaxing i don't know what it is.

scorpian

My hair was shedding like that in clumps but I found out later that it was because of :babyg:

If you haven't changed your regimen maybe it's the mn or maybe it's just seasonal shedding. :perplexed

*Frisky*

I am 12 weeks post and I notice more shedding the longer I stretch so I am done stretching past a certain time frame...I think if your iron is low that might contribute to it as well.

Moroni

I experience shedding most when I'm experiencing a growth spurt and when I've got a lot of NG. Recently, I had a lot of shedding and my scalp was extremely sore. I'm 4 weeks post relaxer today, and my NG is soooo thick right now, comparable to 7 or 8 weeks. The shedding has finally slowed down after my last henna. Interesting! :grin:

chiprecious

I am 12 weeks post and I notice more shedding the longer I stretch so I am done stretching past a certain time frame...I think if your iron is low that might contribute to it as well.

Well I stretch this time for 9 weeks and the shedding was just WRONG!!! My hair is sooo coarse it's behind a 4b for streching is normally a max at 8weeks. I end did an aproghee at 6 weeks and heavy moisturizing along with low manipulation. i take multivitamin that includes iron, flax, and a hair vitamin.

For me it was the stretch.:nono:

malibu4590

I notice shedding most when I take my braids out after wearing a sew-in for four weeks. I know it's weeks of hair that would have shed normally if my hair had been manipulated on a more recent basis but it freaks me out! :shocked:

JustKiya

When the weather is cool/cold, I get the most shedding. Sudden temp shifts do it for me, usually - if it's 70 degrees one day, and 35 the next (like it was earlier this week) I'll see more shedding, and then it'll settle down.

I haven't peeped the pre-period bit - I just get EXHAUSTED (which could be an situational amenia sign) - I'll have to keep an eye on the hair.

Songbirdb

When the weather is cool/cold, I get the most shedding. Sudden temp shifts do it for me, usually - if it's 70 degrees one day, and 35 the next (like it was earlier this week) I'll see more shedding, and then it'll settle down.

I haven't peeped the pre-period bit - I just get EXHAUSTED (which could be an situational amenia sign) - I'll have to keep an eye on the hair.

I agree with this.

byrdmail

My hair sheds when I try to stretch past 10 or so weeks (and I also think I get a bit of breakage). I normally try to make it to 12 or 13 weeks but this time I am going to stick with 10 weeks.

SleekandBouncy

When my diet is bad. I used to shed like crazy! We also go thru shedding periods, so I guess during that period too.

Cleve_gryl

I'm a seasonal shedder. This summer I was shedding like a beast!! I started getting scared. But once the weather cooled off, things went back to normal. My hair does not grow in the summer either.

Blessed_Angel

I have been having the same problem. But you wanna be able to differentiate between shedding and breaking. You know shedding is when you can see the white bulb at the end of the hair. I have been having a lot of that lately, and some breakage too now.

Here is what ChocolateSoda suggested. She said it worked after just one application! I will try it next week.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=197713

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alopecil-Apreta...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem