can using protein cause shedding

Rae81

The reason i asked is last week i used aphogee 2 min reconstructor and my hair was shedding like crazy after i rinsed that out it took a couple days to fix it, and prior to that i had not used protein since december when i got my last touch up, and i also had alot of shedding after that for weeks. Could the protein be the cause of the shedding?

blessedandlucky

Great question. Now that you say that, I'm wondering the same thing. I have no answer but I hope someone else will chime in soon.

Bumping!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Not sure if it causes shedding but it can causes breakage with protein overload. Do you know for certain it's shedding and not breakage? I shed a lot shortly after my TUs. I always use some form of garlic (was using fresh chopped garlic mixed with evoo as a prepoo; now I use Alter Ego Garlic condish after shampooing) to control post TU shedding. Perhaps it's the TU not the protein. Just a thought. I find that my shedding is more the two weeks after my TU and again about two weeks before my next TU. But again, I combat this by using garlic. HTH.