Shea Butter drying to hair anyone?

ecornett

day dreamist questions about avocado butter is it softening and moisturizing on its own? do u apply to wet or dry hair and ne thing else u can add about it i've been wanting to try it!

Last edited:

chesleeb

I just love everyone's idea but my lovely big sister purchased me a Alexyss K Tylor kit she has been on this stuff for awhile but...I was on the fence about it. I had a long consultation with Alexyss over the phone and anyway she made this stuff especially for my hair. I will be honest I was a bit nervous about speaking to her because I have seen here videos and etc...and really I just didn't know what to expect, but the sista knows a bit or two about hair. She actually makes this stuff and just by looking at and from our conversation she is really passionate about hair, and hair products. Like I said my sister is using it and she is natural well sisterlocks to be exact I am natural so I figure hey what the heck. Ladies isn't something when u buy products from folks who make it? It feel personable. Although the pj in me will stroll into a Sallys. I will give it a try plus I will post some pics. Like I had mentioned I do love my grease but I do have an open mind.

Nonie

For the past two months I have using Royal Crown and Glovers Mane and I have been loving it but this week I decided to try shea butter. Although every one raves about it, it just dries my hair and I seem to have to re apply it throughout the week. I just love my grease and since my mix I have noticed some serious growth for real:drunk:. I saw a video on YT talking about Dax Super Lanolin has anyone used it here? If so is it thick like wax and how did work out for you?

LOL Girl, one of the things you will learn is "if it ain't broke(n), don't fix it" no matter how many people rave about the greener grass on the other side of the fence.

Shea Butter made my hair hard like a brush of steel wool. It didn't matter what brand or what mixture of oils and essential oils brand I got. If grease works for you, keep using grease and don't mind what others say.

Also if you already have something that is working, quit playing the guessing game by trying out what someone on YT said they use. Perhaps you can keep it in mind as backup but seriously, unless you don't mind a setback and having to start all over, stick to the tried and true methods until they stop working for you or until they go out of stock.

Also another thing to know is just because someone else with your hair type and texture loves a product, doesn't mean it will work for you too.

chesleeb

Nonie Speak on it! That is what I keep telling myself you gotta point girl, u gotta point. I guess I am still getting caught up with the "natural" idea but you are so right the grease the sulfates are working I really don't want to lose what I have gained. Idk if you understand but when u go against the "grain" folks throw shade. I told myself I didn't but I guess I do a little bit, but ur comment just brought me back to reality I can't afford or want to deal with no damn set backs thanks for the reality check!

Nonie

Nonie Speak on it! That is what I keep telling myself you gotta point girl, u gotta point. I guess I am still getting caught up with the "natural" idea but you are so right the grease the sulfates are working I really don't want to lose what I have gained. Idk if you understand but when u go against the "grain" folks throw shade. I told myself I didn't but I guess I do a little bit, but ur comment just brought me back to reality I can't afford or want to deal with no damn set backs thanks for the reality check!

You're welcome, chesleeb. I know dem drugs be callin' and you start twitching and itching and the temptation gets overbearing. When that happens, holler, I'ma come get you out and take you back home where things makes sense. ;)