Does anyone have a shea butter recipe?

soslychic

I'd like to use shea butter as my regular moisturizer, but it is a little expensive if in my opinion if I don't mix it with something. I was wondering if anyone "dilutes" it with water or water and glycerin or something? Does anyone have a good shea butter recipe so I could make it stretch longer while still getting the moisturizing benefits.

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I buy pure shea butter from an afican store. I place it in a sauce pan with a little olive oil and coconut oil. I use it on both my hair and skin. You can really add your favorite oils to it. You can get the oils from a health food or vitamin shop.

Dutchess

I don't have a recipe for Shea Butter, however, I use 100% Shea Butter by Wondergro on my hair as an added moisturizer and it works good for my hair. The jar that I have cost $3.99, not too bad.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
Dutchess said:
I don't have a recipe for Shea Butter, however, I use 100% Shea Butter by Wondergro on my hair as an added moisturizer and it works good for my hair. The jar that I have cost $3.99, not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oohh...good price. Where did you get it?

KittenLongPaw

I got this recipe from Fox on the longhaircommunity:

1 part Shea Butter
1 part conditioner (I used Elucence Moisture Balancing)
1/2 part oil (I use jojoba)
A few drops of essential oil if you like for scent

No need to melt it first, in fact, it works better if you don't. You can use a tablespoon as "1 part" and 1/2 tablespoon as "half a part" to make a small batch.
HTH!

precious_pup

KittenLongPaw said:

1 part Shea Butter

No need to melt it first, in fact, it works better if you don't. You can use a tablespoon as "1 part" and 1/2 tablespoon as "half a part" to make a small batch.
HTH!
Just a brief question, is this to be used as a rinse-out type moisturizing conditioner or a leave-in type? I got this recipe somewhere else but was a little confused with regard the usage. Thanks for you help!

preciouspup

Babygurl

I mix my shea butter with coconut oil and castor oil (I dont use heat, just whip it until very creamy). This mixture is heavenly for my hair, I use it for everything from deep conditioning to daily moisturizer. It makes my ends so soft and I use it for my ends when it a bun.

Angelicus

KittenLongPaw said:

1 part Shea Butter

HTH!
I use this recipe too. I use it as a leave-in for my protective styles. Sometimes I put it on the last four inches of my hair, then put a regular conditioner all over my hair as a pretreatment.

firecracker

I just started using pure shea butter on my period scars/acne. It faded the dark marks within one weeks. I was wondering if I could combine this with something else for daily usage on my skin and hair? Can someone give some other recipes to do this? Does anyone know anything about African Black Soap?

Hi, I am able to easily afford pure shea butter online from ebay. I haven't had to purchase any in some time ( I was buying it several pounds at a time- it was that cheap), but I think I was buying it from the "butterman"- he makes severak kinds with mango butter, coconut, or original.
Sadly Latia, I found that I broke out more from black soap, haven't used it in many years, so I can't help you there.