Sewn In Weave Tips

carmend

Cuteb, Sorry it took so long to respond... Ive never had weave w/edges left out so none of my pics have edges out... Weaveitup is definitely right about the indian hair.. I have NEVER reused weave hair before buying indian hair...

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
i just did a weave yesterday and looked over how much is needed.

you shouldnt need more than one pack. 4 oz should do just fine. i worked a full head with a pack of 14'' hair last night.

cutebajangirl

Thanks Carmen. Does anyone here have machine wefted indian remi? I am havving the danggest time sewing on the hand tied wefts securely (such that I dont have to redo it every weekend). Any tips? TIA,

AngelicRose07

whats going wrong with the handtied wefts? perhaps i can help you. are they falling off your braids or something?

cutebajangirl

Yeah they are. I am used to sewing through the weft at least to start it off so since I cant do that with the hand tied I cant get it secure enough to the braid. Any suggestions? :confused:

AngelicRose07

why cant you? i sew through my wefts....

untilly ou get accustomed to it, just take the few extra seconds to feel where the weft is and poke the needle through it. it may feel a bit tough at 1st...but the needle WILL penetrate.

maybe it will also be easier if you practiced sewing through the weft on the hair BEFORE you attempt to sew it in. this way you can get accustomed to how much pressure and such is needed.

HTH

carmend

cuteb, are u using the handtied from indianhairs.com? u might want to try and sew thru those and see what happens b/c their handtied are pretty sturdy. i cant quite remember but i think i may have sewed thru them at then ends and i didnt have any problems shedding. but not 100% sure. but definitely do sew thru is u are using zig zag. with those what i do is like triple knot the ends to help secure. I also do the loop type of stitch thru out the whole weft to make sure the whole thing is more secure.