Severe Buildup

Kari107

I colored my hair 2 weeks ago and everything was fine my hair was soft and I was in love with the color. Then, for the last 2 washes I dc'd with elucence moisture balance. The first time I used it my hair was a little heavy but otherwise ok. The second time I used it I clarified thinking that was the problem then used the moisture balance again. That time around my hair felt awful. Just plain greasy and weighed down. So I clarified again today and did a second light shampoo wit my regular poo and didn't use mb. While it's better but still greasy and weighed down. At this point I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do to get rid of the buildup. Anyone have any recepies or tips to help with buildup? Sorry this was so long TIA.

stargazer613

Maybe try an apple cider vinegar rinse (diluted in water) after you shampoo...vinegar is really great for cutting oil. Also, some members have mentioned using baking soda mixed with shampoo to get rid of buildup. HTH

ETA: I wanted to add Kenra chelating shampoo is safe for color-treated hair and is good for removing build up.

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

I second that recommendation of a ACV rinse or a chelating shampoo. Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Also, I dont believe that Elucence MB is a deep conditioner. The directions say to put it on and then rinse it off...so I believe its more of a quick conditioner (1-3 minutes) or it can be diluted and used as a leave-in. Hope that helps.

growth2come

How about the shikakai power mixed in with a bit of amla, as it cleans the scalp and .....
- Provides new life to hair strands
- Strengthens hair roots
- Clears dandruff
- Keeps the scalp clean and cool

I just tried it last week and then did a normal conditioner afterwards...

LABETT

I like Fekkai Apple Cider Vinger Cleansing Rinse it really removes buildup and leaves hair feeling soft and silky like a conditioner.
I like it because it so convienent.

Kari107

Thanks for the suggestions. I did the acv rinse last night and my hair came out perfect. I didn't know how I was going to get all the build up out but it worked like a charm. I liked how my hair came out so much that I flat ironed it. Thanks again:kiss:.