Product buildup??? Is It The Conditioner Or What?

Babychoc

Hi everyone. I don't post very much, but I hope all is well with everyone
. Anyway, for those of you that use Suave Milk & Honey for condition washes, and also who may have used Fantasia Ic Hair Polisher Stlying Gel, have you ever noticed any buildup from one or both products?

Lately, it seems as though I have some kind of white buildup on the top layer of the front of my hair. The areas in which this buildup appears is where I apply gel, and where I would apply the MOST conditioner during washes

Also I do co wash daily, and could this cause a buildup problem?
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Gaea

I would assume that conditioner washes do cause build up.

Think about it:

You apply conditioner to your hair every day. The conditioner doesn't get your hair very clean, it just get's a very small amount of the things out of your hair and it deposits more on there as well. You put in your other products, you wash again with conditioner which doesn't remove most of the product but it deposits more conditioner in your hair... it's a cycle.

I wouldn't say that it's a PROBLEM, but I think that it'd be good to clarify on a regular basis.

NGC

Re: Product buildup??? Is It The Conditioner Or Wh

Hey babychoc,

Do you add baking soda to your conditioner when you CW? Baking soda would help clarify your hair (remove the buildup). If that doesn't work , try a gentle, but clarifying shampoo.

HTH

Neroli

Babychoc, I do CW's only and do not experience buildup because I do ACV rinse after each wash (about 1/4 cup vinegar to 1 gallon water) -- talk about slip and shine!

IMO, CW would cause buildup over time and an occasional ACV should do the trick for you. I do ACV every time I wash, but I know others get good results by doing once a week or every couple of weeks. I find my hair has improved with ACV each wash, my ends stays sealed shut with almost no split ends and less breakage . . . at least I think it's the ACV. I'm doing so many good things for my hair lately that I'm not sure what's working but my hair is DA BOMB. I had about 2 inches cut off last week and 3 independent individuals who see me regularly (family and friends) commented on how long my hair had gotton . . .go figure!!

NaturalRox

Babychoc, yes it does sound like product build-up. I do daily conditioner washes and find that I need to ACV rinse once a week to get rid of the build-up. What I've done to minimize build-up is switch conditioners (now I'm using Neutrogena Triple Moisture) because the one I was using before was just a little bit heavier, but it made such a difference. Also when using products after washing, I try to keep it to no more than 3 products and I apply just a little - for my hair less is more. HTH!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I use fantasia gel too and I have to wash my hair every 4 or 5 days and clarify every other week.

LABETT

I do co washes and use Suave Milk & Honey and Pantene conditioners and I get buildup and I have to Clarify more often.
Lanza Deep Cleansing Shampoo is great it cleans and does not strip your hair.

Cinnabuns

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Babychoc, I do CW's only and do not experience buildup because I do ACV rinse after each wash (about 1/4 cup vinegar to 1 gallon water) -- talk about slip and shine!

IMO, CW would cause buildup over time and an occasional ACV should do the trick for you. I do ACV every time I wash, but I know others get good results by doing once a week or every couple of weeks. I find my hair has improved with ACV each wash, my ends stays sealed shut with almost no split ends and less breakage . . . at least I think it's the ACV. I'm doing so many good things for my hair lately that I'm not sure what's working but my hair is DA BOMB. I had about 2 inches cut off last week and 3 independent individuals who see me regularly (family and friends) commented on how long my hair had gotton . . .go figure!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to try the ACV rinse after my daily conditioner washes. Thanks for the tip