My hair is so greasy right now! (Vatika oil)

Lovelylocs

I prepooed w/Vatika oil last week. Big mistake for me. It was too heavy for my hair and it made it feel kind of dry after I rinsed it. So, I clarified which helped some, but it didn't get rid of enough of the grease. Then, I used a mixture of amla and shikakai powders in a tea.

Yesterday, I prepooed w/amla oil and then shampooed w/my shikakai bar. Today, my hair is greasy. :lol:

I don't like it when my hair is greasy. It has this heavy weighed down look and feeling to it. :( I guess I won't be prepooing for awhile. :lol:

ajargon02

I prepooed w/Vatika oil last week. Big mistake for me. It was too heavy for my hair and it made it feel kind of dry after I rinsed it. So, I clarified which helped some, but it didn't get rid of enough of the grease. Then, I used a mixture of amla and shikakai powders in a tea.

Yesterday, I prepooed w/amla oil and then shampooed w/my shikakai bar. Today, my hair is greasy. :lol:

I don't like it when my hair is greasy. It has this heavy weighed down look and feeling to it. :( I guess I won't be prepooing for awhile. :lol:

I too noticed that vatika oil was REALLY heavy. I only use it in VERY small doses. I mix a little into my moisturizing spray and whipped butter. I really like it, but a little goes a long way. You can't be heavy handed with this stuff!

almondjoi85

Does anyone else have to heat up their bottle with hot warm to get it from a solid to a liquid? So did I just get a bad batch? I know coconut oil is solid at room temp, but why is the top of the bottle so little?

cerchier

Does anyone else have to heat up their bottle with hot warm to get it from a solid to a liquid? So did I just get a bad batch? I know coconut oil is solid at room temp, but why is the top of the bottle so little?

You didn't get a bad batch; all the bottles are like that. I don't know why they would put such a small hole in the top but it is a pain.

MariposaSexyGirl

You didn't get a bad batch; all the bottles are like that. I don't know why they would put such a small hole in the top but it is a pain.

Just a little tip on this. You can pop that white thing out and be able to easily pour it out. Use something like a knife to lift the edges of the white top. Thats what I do instead of trying to squeeze it through that small hole. HTH.

LadyPaniolo

Personally, I'm GLAD the bottle has such a little hole in the top. Since just a dab will do ya, having the little hole keeps a gallon from pouring out every time you tip the bottle into your palm.

cerchier

Just a little tip on this. You can pop that white thing out and be able to easily pour it out. Use something like a knife to lift the edges of the white top. Thats what I do instead of trying to squeeze it through that small hole. HTH.

Thanks, I'll do that next time!

longhairdreamzz

I can't stand vatika either. I tried it twice and it wasn't a good feeling. I feel like I had done more damage than good. If you continue to use it, I would suggest using it sparingly.

HotRibena

I took it one step further...after popping out the white thing, I heated the bottle and poured all the contents into a small jar. Now when it's in a solid form I just use my finger to grab a dab (like you would with a cream or grease).

InnerSoul

I took it one step further...after popping out the white thing, I heated the bottle and poured all the contents into a small jar. Now when it's in a solid form I just use my finger to grab a dab (like you would with a cream or grease).[/quote]

now that's a thought!:yep:

MissMasala5

I took it one step further...after popping out the white thing, I heated the bottle and poured all the contents into a small jar. Now when it's in a solid form I just use my finger to grab a dab (like you would with a cream or grease).

I do this also.

FindingMe

I am going to do this also with the jar, good idea. :yep:

MedMunky, I do think the oil is very heavy :perplexed, so I resigned myself to wait until the summer to use it when I plan on doing mostly braidouts and air dried hair up in buns. The extra oil may do me some good then. I don't usually use oil from wash to wash as it weighs my hair down and for some reason my hair gets stinky, but during the summer I usually wet it at least twice as much...

lisana

I really like this oil but it is heavy. I mist my hair with warm water before I use it as prepoo and this seems to help it penetrate better and not just sit. Also, I use less of this for oil rinsing than I do when I use coconut oil...a little goes a long way.