seborrheic dermatitis

SunySydeofLyfe

I got the shampoo last night, I had her sleep with cholesterol and will apply some olive oil to her hair before I shampoo it today. We had a wonderful thing going and I dont know if grandma or daddy gave her something that has cause this flare up in her scalp but they have been put on alert, DONT DO ISH TO MY CHILDS HAIR, I GOT THIS...lol..love them dearly but I have to figure out where this came from all of a sudden. Here is the plan for today: Olive oil, wash with Nairobi, then Nizoral (wait 20 minutes) oil with Aphogee essential oils, rinse, quick condition with Neutrogena dry scalp, rinse with Apple cider, use a leave in and loosely braid it, I think I am going to use coconut oil instead of grease. I will take a picture and track our progress and changes for the next month to see what works. Ladies, thank you SO much!!! Love this board!!

morehairplease

I got the shampoo last night, I had her sleep with cholesterol and will apply some olive oil to her hair before I shampoo it today. We had a wonderful thing going and I dont know if grandma or daddy gave her something that has cause this flare up in her scalp but they have been put on alert, DONT DO ISH TO MY CHILDS HAIR, I GOT THIS...lol..love them dearly but I have to figure out where this came from all of a sudden. Here is the plan for today: Olive oil, wash with Nairobi, then Nizoral (wait 20 minutes) oil with Aphogee essential oils, rinse, quick condition with Neutrogena dry scalp, rinse with Apple cider, use a leave in and loosely braid it, I think I am going to use coconut oil instead of grease. I will take a picture and track our progress and changes for the next month to see what works. Ladies, thank you SO much!!! Love this board!!

Hey sweetie,

If you find the Nairobi shampoo drying at all try the NTM cream lather shampoo(this one has weak sulfates but does an excellent job at cleaning the hair without stripping/drying it out). I noticed that using shampoos with sls when I had flare ups/first diagnosed seemed to make my condition worse. I mentioned this at a follow up appt. with my derm once and he stated to avoid sls shampoos if at all possible due to the irration factor. If I think of any more suggestions, or if you need anything, feel free to contact me.

take care sweetie,
tishee

awhyley

I have a follow up visit on the Dec29th. I'll let you know how it goes.

I came back to the forum shortly thereafter, but there was an issue with the search function. Anyways, I got the all clear, my scalp is permable again. :grin: I was considering whether this was a sign to transition or shave everything off, however, I decided to put the good 'ol relaxer in once more. The new growth is kinda intense, and I have yet to deal with it effectively. Thanks for that sulfur oil suggestion, as it seems that I will have to monitor this condition from time to time. The doc suggested that I carry my shampoo with me and not use the stylists recommended brand.

(Which is another reason I didn't want to perm or shave my head right away, I could imagine people seeing the "dandruff" on my bare head. :lachen:)