Sebastian Colourshines!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
i cant stop looking at your rollerset. it looks so neat and professional.i've never seen someone do it the way you do. one question though, do you only have three rollers in the front??you dont have a pic showing the front and it looks like you only have three. is your head really that small or is my head just big??lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bree!!
I do my sets differently than most people do. I clip the rollers to each other, instead of clipping each roller "freestanding"... My Mom taught me how to set, so I don't know any other way, really!! I've tried doing it the separate way and the rollers dont stay in tight enough. Clipping them together gives me a really tight set and also straightens out the roots a lot more!!

Yes, there are only three rollers in the front... (three rows of rollers going back... one in the middle, and one row on each side).

Not sure about the head size thing!!
Maybe my head is small... I dunno!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Lindy,

I'm going to be trying one of those rollersets.
Gotta get a better dryer first tho! Mine takes forever....

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post some pics when you do!!
I think you'd look great with a head full of curls!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
LINDY I LOVE IT!!! that color definately compliments you. what is ur natural hair color Lindy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your guess is as good as mine CH!! I haven't seen it in about 20 years!!
Nah, j/k... it's VERY dark brown... almost black, believe it or not!!

Thanks for the compliment!!

KinksnCurlz

WOW... it came out beautifully then. My hair is black and i could never ever ever in a million years use colourshines and get it to come out that lite... again, ur hair looks beautiful - did i say that already

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
i could never ever ever in a million years use colourshines and get it to come out that lite...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that I already have my hair permanently lightened with the T&T Bronze!!
The Colourshines just refreshes the color, it doesn't lighten it...

KinksnCurlz

OOOOOOOO... okay, thanks. I forgot about the T&T (reading is fundamental
) i was in such a hurry to open ur link that i didn't 'catch' on to anything else other than the sebastians and posted pics

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Very nice Lindy.

I love colourshines too and use them monthly (clear).
Hairlove-on your dark hair you can only pick up some very subtle coloring, you probably wouldn't be able to even detect any of the golden tones on your hair (I've tried), The reds will give you some red "tinting" (washes out of course), and Neutral brown and Coffee bean make my dark brown hair black to jet black. I use the clear for it's protective conditioning effects.

melodee

Very nice. Lindy, your hair looks alot like mine when wet(minus the color). I may have to try Colorshines to tone down my highlights next.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Tracy - no, it's me who has the question...but I have the question b/c of my sister's hair. I believe she's happy with her hair color.

Anyhow, my hair is pretty much black...and I'd like it to be a medium/dark brown. Can I achieve that with a cellophane?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to lighten it to dark brown from black? No, that it won't do. But you can add a tint of red or auburn to your hair that you'll see in the sun. Cellophanes/Colorshines are great for the health of the hair as well.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Lindy, you have grays? No way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, unfortunately I've been pulling out grays since I was about 20 yrs. old!!
(There's waaaay too many to think about pulling out now!!
) It's hereditary... my Mom & Dad both went gray very early...

Surprisingly, the Colourshines did a pretty darn good job at blending them... I know a few other forum members in the past were complaining that it wasn't doing the job too well for them... I think my hair is very porous...

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Lindy,
What color rollers did you use, pink I am guessing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, mostly the magenta ones (like the ones in my album pic) and even a few of the smaller black ones, just on the bottom sides.
I used a couple of the large grey ones for the longer back pieces.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Lindy,
What color rollers did you use, pink I am guessing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, mostly the magenta ones (like the ones in my album pic) and even a few of the smaller black ones, just on the bottom sides.
I used a couple of the large grey ones for the longer back pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh Thanks.. That color is smashing, I think I have it at home
Anywho, How do you roll your hair so neat, your little sweatheart helps you

Lindy

Thanks Denali!!
Nah, I've been doing rollersets for a couple of years now, so it's gotten easy for me... At first I was like "Good grief... this is
," but it DOES get easier with practice.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Tracy - no, it's me who has the question...but I have the question b/c of my sister's hair. I believe she's happy with her hair color.

Anyhow, my hair is pretty much black...and I'd like it to be a medium/dark brown. Can I achieve that with a cellophane?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to lighten it to dark brown from black? No, that it won't do. But you can add a tint of red or auburn to your hair that you'll see in the sun. Cellophanes/Colorshines are great for the health of the hair as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Tracy. Lindy - sorry for hijacking!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Stylepink said:
Your hair is gorgeous and that colour is perfect on you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Poetess232 said:
Your roller set looks amazing! I wish I was talented enough to do something like that

The color is fantastic, also

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaw, thanks Poestess!!
About the rollersetting... heck, if I can do it, anyone can!!
When I first started, I felt like I was all thumbs, but if you stick with it and keep practicing, it becomes old hat!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
can someone tell me how u apply the colorshines? Is it like a shampoo in and wash out thing? :confused: I'm interested in covering my gray. I have black hair that turns red in the summer. Any suggestions on what shade to use?

KAddy

Natrlchallenge said:
can someone tell me how u apply the colorshines? Is it like a shampoo in and wash out thing? :confused: I'm interested in covering my gray. I have black hair that turns red in the summer. Any suggestions on what shade to use?

These are the steps I use when applying colourshines.

1. Shampoo
2. apply color and get under dryer
3. Rinse color until water runs clear
4. deep condition

As far as a color, maybe any of these

Mahogany on medium to dark brown hair produces a fabulous chestnut shade. On redheads it deepens and balances their red.

I currently have liquid amber in my hair, if you look at my most recent pics, you see my hair looks black.

A perfectly blended auburn shade with golden-brown and red-gold undertones, best for use on white, brown, or light to medium redheads.

Hopefully Tracy will chime in as she is better at suggesting color than I am.

webby

Think Slim
Natrlchallenge said:
It is best to apply when you get a touchup, if you are relaxed. You apply it after you nuetralize or condition. I works pretty well on gray hair. My only warning is if you are using a dark color be careful not to get it on your scalp too much, because it will stain your scalp. After it's applied, you rinse out with water, hence the staining.