Sebastian Colourshines!!

Lindy

I did a Colourshines rinse (in Honey Wheat... thanks, Karly!
) and rollerset today, and
, I LOVE it!! The color is perfect - it totally refreshed my color and blended in my grays!!

This gets a big
. It's just what I need in between my T & T touchups!! Now I just have to see how long it lasts... I'll be wetting my hair pretty frequently over the next 3 weeks (going on a cruise), so we'll see if it can hold up to that!!

But as of now, I love this stuff!! And you wouldn't BELIEVE how soft and silky my hair came out!! It honestly looks and feels exactly like it does when I come out of the salon (except for the thick new growth, that is!!
)

I did "the works" today, so I'm not even sure what to attribute the silkiness & bounce to... but I used:

-Barry Fletcher Moisture Therapy shampoo
-Nexxus Keraphix reconstructor
-Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner
-Colourshines
-Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner(only left in for 5 mins)
-Salerm 21 Leave-In
-Ego Boost Leave-In
-Semi di Lino Serum

OK.... WOW, that sure was a lot of products!!
But SOMETHING worked cuz I'm TOTALLY lovin' the results!!

I posted some pics of the results in my album - under the May-Aug. pics...
The camera really didn't do the color justice... it's a lot brighter and more vibrant than it appears to be in the pics!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
Im glad you like your results Lindy!
What color did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! I edited my post to include the shade... it's Honey Wheat... I had tried the Glorious Gold last summer and hated it (way too bright and reddish-looking), so I'm thrilled that I've found one that I like!!

Thanks, Hairlove!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Wow Lindy!
The color looks more natural-like and really looks nice with your skin-tone. It looks awesome! Very beautiful curls from your rollerset!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Looks beautiful! Those Colourshines are great aren't they? I use to get them when I relaxed my hair but haven't tried one since being natural. I'm not sure the shine would show up as well on natural hair. I'm gonna try it sometime though.

kitchen_tician

Lindy, I love the color and style! I will try this over the summer, instead of adding more permanent color.

And Jetcitygirl: I love your hair! Natural and pretty!

Tracy

I LOVE IT LINDY!

I KNEW that Honey Wheat would be good on your color...kind of adds some ash tones to it. You know how I feel about Colorshines....

I love all of your rollerset based curly styles. Your hair does those curly styles really well. I'm not so gifted with the rollers in terms of creating styles.....

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I LOVE IT LINDY!

I KNEW that Honey Wheat would be good on your color...kind of adds some ash tones to it. You know how I feel about Colorshines....

I love all of your rollerset based curly styles. Your hair does those curly styles really well. I'm not so gifted with the rollers in terms of creating styles.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, chica!!
If you ever do rollersets at home, all you have to do is use the slightly smaller rollers. I really prefer to use these rollers as opposed to the large ones, cuz I do like my hair best with some curls in it. Maybe some day, (if and when!) my hair is all one length, I'll probably do straight styles more often... For now, with my layers, it just looks nicer when it's curly.

Thanks ladies, for the compliments!!

inthepink

What kind of colourshines can you use if your hair is pretty much black?

My younger sister is natural and her hair is brownish where it used to be jet black. She said it gradually changed colors b/c she kept getting cellophanes. Colourshines is a cellophane, right?

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
What kind of colourshines can you use if your hair is pretty much black?

My younger sister is natural and her hair is brownish where it used to be jet black. She said it gradually changed colors b/c she kept getting cellophanes. Colourshines is a cellophane, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is a cellophane. I don't know anything about the darker colors
... would you be doing it in black (just for shine) or to make your hair lighter?? I don't think they can really "lighten" your hair per se... they can probably give your hair an auburn or reddish tone, but again, someone else who knows more about the darker shades could probably help you out more with your question!!

BrEE

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
Love the color, Lindy!

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant stop looking at your rollerset. it looks so neat and professional.i've never seen someone do it the way you do. one question though, do you only have three rollers in the front??you dont have a pic showing the front and it looks like you only have three. is your head really that small or is my head just big??lol

Michelle79

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
mikki727 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tiffanyvip said:
Where did you purchase this, it it only available in salons?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page315.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I also saw it recently at an Asian BSS for $20, so you may want to check around before you order it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been able to find any.

Tracy

Hairlove,

If your sister's hair is dark brown she could use something like Neutral Brown to darken it to her natural shade. That was the color I was using to even my color when it was darker this past winter....

Tracy

Lindy,

I'm going to be trying one of those rollersets.
Gotta get a better dryer first tho! Mine takes forever....

inthepink

Tracy - no, it's me who has the question...but I have the question b/c of my sister's hair. I believe she's happy with her hair color.

Anyhow, my hair is pretty much black...and I'd like it to be a medium/dark brown. Can I achieve that with a cellophane?