Scalp Massage?

gradygirl

How many of you ladies are doing scalp massages as part of your regimine?
Are you massaging anything into your scalp like oils, grease, etc.?
How long and how often do you do this?
What are the results that you are having from doing this?

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I purchased a handheld massager from Conair...I've been using it daily for the last 2 weeks. It might be working for my hair growth who knows... but one thing I know for sure is it feels damn good. :p I even take it to work with me and massage my scalp on my breaks and lunch. :lachen:

sareca

EMJazzy said:
I purchased a handheld massager from Conair...I've been using it daily for the last 2 weeks. It might be working for my hair growth who knows... but one thing I know for sure is it feels damn good. :p I even take it to work with me and massage my scalp on my breaks and lunch. :lachen:

I know that's right. When I was doing them with my finger tips I'd remember a couple times a week for a few minutes. Not so w/ this thing. Now I'm at 5-10 minutes 2x/day. Everyday!

Tee

I massage my scalp every day. I really believe it stimulate growth. I dont have a massager. I am still looking for one.

Ambitious1013

I massage my scalp every night for about 5 mins. before I go to bed. Some days I massage my scalp with a oil mixture of jojoba, peppermint, and rosemary. It really relaxes me before I go to sleep. :)

KiniKakes

EMJazzy said:

What a great idea!!!! I was using my fingertips and i can never go more than a few minutes, just so annoying and tiring. But im gonna get me one of those handheld massagers....

Or maybe two (hehehehe) :eyebrows2

gradygirl

EMJazzy said:
I purchased a handheld massager from Conair
...I've been using it daily for the last 2 weeks. It might be working for my hair growth who knows... but one thing I know for sure is it feels damn good. :p I even take it to work with me and massage my scalp on my breaks and lunch. :lachen:
Thanks for the replies ladies. Where can I purchase a good massager from?

Neroli

I do a complete "hand massage" once a week before I wash. I use neem oil to rub into scalp before I apply my henna. I don't do daily massage becasue i try to keep manipulation at a minimum, especially if I'm more than 8 weeks post relaxer - massaging daily would be counter-productive for my 4b hair because too much "handling" and tangles to work with. So once a week when I'm sure I'll be washing and dangling, I do the full scalp massage . . .

LaShanne

Aren't you risking damage by daily scalp massages with alot of new growth? I'm almost 11 weeks post relaxer and honestly i'm afraid to manipulate my hair much for fear of breakage.

Neroli

LaShanne said:
Aren't you risking damage by daily scalp massages with alot of new growth? I'm almost 11 weeks post relaxer and honestly i'm afraid to manipulate my hair much for fear of breakage.

Yep, exactly! When it comes to my hair, less is more -- the less I mess with it, the more it grows long and healthy. . .

lala

I got a scalp massage recently at the Aveda Institute as a part of the Damage Remedy Scalp Renewal treatment. It was extremely relaxing, and according to the stylist it helps to stimulate growth. I'll definitely be going bi-weekly...

TonicaG

TonicaG
I have a little hand held massager by Conair as well and I use it while I'm laying in bed looking at t.v.

KiniKakes

LaShanne said:

I dont think so. I dont do the massage on my bare scalp/hair. I always do it after I've moisturized, then put on my plastic cap and satin bonnet. So it's more like gently but firmly rubbing the scalp thru that protective covering.