How to Massage Scalp To Stimulate Hair Growth

Isis

Below are some instructions on how to properly massage our scalps to stimulate hair growth. Sterry recently posted in "Outstanding Hair Growth In Two Months" found at:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...9&bodyprev=

how massaging her scalp twice each day with her essential oils dramatically increased her hair growth and I've started doing them too with the oils I have.

http://www.yeahhair.com/Book/ScalpStimulation.htm

http://www.hairfoodforthought.com/basics7.htm

[ QUOTE ]
Discover the joy of scalp massage. My understanding is that a scalp massage is the one externally applied thing you can do that will actually promote hair growth because it helps bring blood (and the nutrients in the blood) to the follicles. I admit that I could probably stand to do this more often, not just for the growth benefits, but because it feels so good.

The basics of the following technique are from Naturally Beautiful, by Dawn Gallagher.

Cup your hands as though you were holding a small ball. Then press down gently but firmly on your head and rotate your fingers in small circles. Move to another area of your head and repeat, and keep going until your whole head is done. Take your time, and make sure you're rubbing with the pads of your fingers, not your nails. Some folks like to put oil on their hands or head prior to massaging; if you want to try that, feel free to do so.

In my opinion, scalp massages are just like sex: They can be good when done alone, but they're often better with a partner, particularly one who knows what they're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

katie

Are essential oils absolutely necessary to see growth when doing scalp massages?Or can you see results without any oils at all.

akua

I just massaged my scalp with a little mango butter for 4 minutes with my head over the bed. It really feels good!
However, when I clear it out, ever so carefully, some hair comes out.
thanks for the sites.

Tebby1017

I would love to try scalp massages but I try to only do my hair once a week (I wear buns or phonytails). Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can massage my scalp while maintaining my style?

Tebby

Isis

I've been taking down my bun, massaging my scalp, then putting my hair back into my bun. You leave your hair in your bun (or phonytail) all week long? Is this for less manipulation? And how do you maintain it anyway?
(excuse all my questions!)

asummertyme

that is what i wanted to do but i take my bun down daily, i tred the massage with ut the oils and i like it, and it does tingle, but i wish i could leave my bun in every day because it is less manipulation wich equals less breakedge....

sterry

Hey ladies,

It is the stimulation that awakens the hair follicles.
The essential oils ...especially the rosemary and Emu I believe have really excelerated my hair's growth.
The softness is incrediable.
If you do anything try this before spending money on promises in a bottle.

4a/natural
medium texture
growing like crazy

jellynote

I don't have emu oil, but will cedarwood, ylang ylang, tea tree, jojoba, peppermint, basil, avocado, castor and lavendar work good enough?

sterry

All of these oil sound wonderful. Becareful with the castor oil. It is very sticky.
I use this as well but often use this oil to do overnight conditioning treatments.

katie

So if you can still get the stimulation without using oils why do you use oils?
Do the oils give added benefits ?

sterry

Rosemary oil is known to aid in hair's growth and stimulation.
Emu is noted as awakening follicles and excelerating hair growth.
Jojoba is close the the scalp sebums and in excellent for moisture.
I use these oils for extra benefits and they are working.As well as the others.

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:

All of these oil sound wonderful. Becareful with the castor oil. It is very sticky.
I use this as well but often use this oil to do overnight conditioning treatments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks sterry I'll try the emu oil once I get off the product challenge in Dec.

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I've been taking down my bun, massaging my scalp, then putting my hair back into my bun. You leave your hair in your bun (or phonytail) all week long? Is this for less manipulation? And how do you maintain it anyway?
(excuse all my questions!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this for less manipulation and to retain length and thickness, especially now since my hair is shedding (I know the shedding is natural but I just can't stand it). I maintain my hair by just wrapping it in a scarf at night. The bun is a little harder to keep than the phonytail, however. I have to do the bun over every other day or so. At any rate, I smooth down the edges in the morning if they look wild. That's all I do. When I wear the phonytail I don't even take it off.

Tebby

sterry

Hey Kateie,

The jojoba oil (really a wax melted down) is use more for moisture.
It is the rosemary and the cedarwood that is used most for stimulation as well as the peppermint.
Ladies beaware that if you are pregnant it is best not to use peppermint, rosemary or cedarwood.

4a/natural
medium texture
growing like crazy

Tammy

Sterry, how much of the essential oils do you mix with your carrier oils? What are the measurements?

Thanks!

katie

bump
I have been doing scalp massages for less than 10 days and already have between .25-.5 inches!
I have been doing them without oils tho.I can just imagine how great this will be if I use essential oils

katie

bump
I have been doing scalp massages for less than 10 days and already have between .25-.5 inches!
I have been doing them without oils tho.I can just imagine how great this will be if I use essential oils.Thanks

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:
Hey Kateie,

The jojoba oil (really a wax melted down) is use more for moisture.
It is the rosemary and the cedarwood that is used most for stimulation as well as the peppermint.
Ladies beaware that if you are pregnant it is best not to use peppermint, rosemary or cedarwood.

4a/natural
medium texture
growing like crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey sterry I'm pregnant now and I've been using peppermint. I thought that I couldn't use Emu or Rosemary Oils. Is the peppermint dangerous to use while pregnant? I order all my oils from Cedarvale and its not on there not to use while pregnant, but emu,rosemary, thyme and a lot of others they say don't use while pregnant. Could you post a site so I can check it out please.

Thanks

B

ballet_bun

Thanks for posting this ... you always post some interesting things!

Ballet Bun ...