Scalp Manipulations/Massage---60 days

AudraChanell

Scalp Massage STARTS Today!

Ladies dont forget to massage your scalp tonight! I apply Capilong to my scalp and EVOO to my fingertips then massage for 2-3 minutes.

MissYocairis

Audra, sign me up. I practiced last night (2/02). I also have a fresh, 3-week old relaxer touchup so it will be easy for me to determine my progress. I ordered both Surge and Capilong today because I am a confessed product junkie. Which one should I use? Can they both be used together?

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
I want to join too.. I have some capilong that I really will start using for sure today..:lol: and I'll use some oils too..I have some of that FNWL Rosemary hair oil blend.. do I just use a few drops??

KAddy

I already said I was in, but I didn't say how long I would massage. I am going to do it for 3-5 minutes for the 60 days. I just finished massaging for 3 minutes. I may do a few more minutes because it just feels so good.

tuffCOOKiE

WAAAAIIIITTT!!! wait for me!!! I have Surge, but i wanna try the capilong thing (i kno, i kno.. PJ). Anyway, I use Surge twice a day, wait til it dries then massage. I remember my mommy using Rene Feurter peppermint every night and it was great, maybe ill use Surge and peppermint?? Maybe ill work the peppermint in later...

But is everyone using fingertips or a tool?

AudraChanell

DAY 1
Cleo
MrsLee
Kaddy
CaramelDiva
kombov_dymond
chicamorena
TigerLili
Brickhoue
CatSuga
LaNecia
Kitchen-tician
mochamadness
Missvi
HoneyLemonDrop
MissenM
BlkMaryland
SingingStar12
LegallySpeaking
BahamaMama
FoxyBronx
LDebagoria
YummyC
desperategirlie34
Ronda123
CantBeCopied
RushGirl

Hey ladies,

Right now I am still dc'ing with Salerm WG & AE Garlic Oil. Afterwhich, I will massage. Just want to tell those who havent already purchased Capilong that I am not pushing it. I just started using it and don't know if it is effective or not :look:. You may want to hold off until someone can post results after using the product b4 u spend your dough. I am just a PJ (in recovery) :lachen:

TuffCookie, I am using my fingertips and I'm not sure with the other ladies are using...maybe they will chime in.

RushGirl, a few drops should work. You just dont want a LOT of fraction while you are massaging, but you want to use firm pressure.

Kaddy ... I will try for 3-5 :)

Only 59 more days to go ...

Here are a few links about SCALP MASSAGE

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip273.htm

http://www.aworldofaromatherapy.com/ayurvedic-hair-scalp-massage-oil.htm

http://www.boloji.com/ayurveda/av030.htm

KAddy

TuffCookie I too use my fingertips.

RushGirl I saw that rosemary oil and thought is sounded good. Let me know how you like it. I agree with Audra too about a few drops on the fingertips. When I massage my husbands scalp I put a drop on each fingertip and get to work. Too bad he can't master that skill to do it for me :lachen:

Kitchen_tician I think I will be the control group with you as I am not using growth enhancing products either. (I like research talk)

Audra The 3-5 mins is great to me. Hopefully the results will be great too.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
KAddy said:

RushGirl I saw that rosemary oil and thought is sounded good. Let me know how you like it. I agree with Audra too about a few drops on the fingertips. When I massage my husbands scalp I put a drop on each fingertip and get to work. Too bad he can't master that skill to do it for me :lachen:

:lachen: Don't know if I should make a comment on that one or not..:lol: :lachen:

Thanks KAddy and Audra!

MissYocairis

tuffCOOKiE said:
WAAAAIIIITTT!!! wait for me!!! I have Surge, but i wanna try the capilong thing (i kno, i kno.. PJ). Anyway, I use Surge twice a day, wait til it dries then massage. I remember my mommy using Rene Feurter peppermint every night and it was great, maybe ill use Surge and peppermint?? Maybe ill work the peppermint in later...

But is everyone using fingertips or a tool?

I was wondering if I should be waiting for my Surge to dry before doing the massage. I am using fingertips and the palms of my hands. My scalp muscles were really tight when I started and it was hard to do but with each day, my scalp muscles are looser and more relaxed and it's easy to do now. It feels good too and I find that I am massaging longer than 60 seconds. I'm surging 2x a day also. :p

AudraChanell

No, just start massaging away! I did about 5 mins last night :)
This Capilong makes my hair feel a little "thick" in the roots by days 3.
I think I need to shampooo again :(

CantBeCopied said:
I was wondering if I should be waiting for my Surge to dry before doing the massage. I am using fingertips and the palms of my hands. My scalp muscles were really tight when I started and it was hard to do but with each day, my scalp muscles are looser and more relaxed and it's easy to do now. It feels good too and I find that I am massaging longer than 60 seconds. I'm surging 2x a day also. :p

AudraChanell

I responded to this...did it post?

CantBeCopied said:

L

LaNecia

AudraChanell said:
No, just start massaging away! I did about 5 mins last night :)
This Capilong makes my hair feel a little "thick" in the roots by days 3.
I think I need to shampooo again :(

I found this to be a problem too, having to do the CO washes more frequently as a result. :confused:

AudraChanell

How is everyone doing? Are you still hanging in there??

I just finished massaging for the night and decided I want to buy a Scalpmassagermanipulatorthingy-majig to help me!

YummyC

AudraChanell said:

I just finished massaging for the night and decided I want to buy a Scalpmassagermanipulatorthingy-majig to help me!

I am using Carols Daughter oil .Its a mixture of rosemary, peppermint, olive oil and some others I can't recall. It makes my head feel tingly. I'm definetly hanging in there.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
AudraChanell said:

I'm still hanging in there!! You should really consider buying a massager. I've been using one forever. I find that my hair doesn't get tangled when I use a massager on my head as opposed to finger massaging. Also, I'm able to massage longer because my hands don't get tired.

KAddy

I am still hanging in there too. I have been doing it for like 5 mins each night.

The scalp massager thingy sounds like a great idea. Mochamadness, what kind do you use?

mrslee

Love yourself first!
mochamadness said:
I'm still hanging in there!! You should really consider buying a massager. I've been using one forever. I find that my hair doesn't get tangled when I use a massager on my head as opposed to finger massaging. Also, I'm able to massage longer because my hands don't get tired.

I may have to get one because after I am done massaging, my hair looks like a mad woman!

MissYocairis

Can you or someone here post a link to where we can look at or purchase a hair massager? I'm not sure what kind of massager is used on the head.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
KAddy said:
I am still hanging in there too. I have been doing it for like 5 mins each night.

The scalp massager thingy sounds like a great idea. Mochamadness, what kind do you use?

Sorry Kaddy, just read this! I brought mine from Walmart for like $7 not sure the name, it's not an actual massager for the hair, it's one of those hand held massagers. It works well for my hair, i've never had any problems with it tangling my hair and it feels so good.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
asphyxxia said:
Will hanging upside down have the same effect as scalp massaging?

I'm not sure if it would have the same effect, but I read somewhere that hanging upside down is a good way to increase scalp circulation too.

KAddy

Oh I fell off bad. I think I missed 4 days in a row. I ended up massaging this morning for 2 mins before I went to work.

AudraChanell

Aw man, Kaddy :whyme: Get back on the wagon, hon!!!

How is everyone doing??? Were almost there!! Any results thus far? I have saw *gulp* just about an inch from early Jan to Feb, and about 1/2 inch from Feb to March.

faithVA

[USER=16642 said:
vtoodler[/USER];18994067]@chicamorena

Could you also try massaging your scalp with your fingers? Is that not equally as effective?

Did you realize that she posted that in 2005? She probably has worked it out by now.

snookes

~Starts Thursday, Feb 3!~

I have to do this every night while using Capilong so I will faithfully massage every night for the next 60 days. Has anyone noticed a significant change in their growth rate after incorporating routine massage into their regimen? BTW, anyone who wants to join me for the next 60 days is welcomed. :) Added pic for Cleo ...

BE SURE to manipulate your scalp for at least one minute---the more the merrier---everyday WITHOUT FAIL. On Day 30 we will have a Measure-In, and a Measure Finale on Day 60. Report how long and how many times a day you plan to massage. On day 60, we will compare our growth rate before and after incorporating massage. Any changes to the guidelines (raising the bar) are welcomed.
Hi I've been massaging my scalp now for over 60 days and longer it's a relaxing habit for me. And I can definitely say for myself that I have had NO increased growth whatsoever :(